PDA

View Full Version : Help my kids school!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The link to vote is Here (http://www.FutureReady.org/school/?pid=01541435 )

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are at 38th. Spend a few minutes voting. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WE HAVE MADE IT TO 35!!!!!!! this rocks. We are also #1 on this very short day. Just checked in on team Greystone. They seem to be up and commers at 32. We will destroy them.

yoshi_yoshi
10-07-2005, 01:48 AM
just did 100 in 13 minutes.
who can beat that /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 01:54 AM
34!!!! dudes, we rock.

Just did a numbers check. We have 17200 votes. 32nd has about 18800. We'll have to burn the midnight oil if we wish to climb that high. However, we are kicking ass. Tomorrow is gonna be a huge day for Forest. I just know it.

TheMainEvent
10-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Bump...off to a hot start today...

Stuey
10-07-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I kept up with this thread for a while, but don't really want to search the last few pages before asking this. Is anyone a member of any big online gaming forums? Gaming like Halo, Counter Strike etc. Those players would get into this thing in the same way that OOT has.

Also, you might want to do an ebay auction. That could gain a lot of interest if done right.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great and I mean great ideas and should not be overlooked. I am willing to post in those forums to try and get more people to vote. I need 2 things first.

1. I don't know how to ask for help properly. I don't want to be considered spam. Could someone write a form letter type of thing that I could use? As I write and in general operate at a grade 5 level. I guess I could pretend I go to forest and am asking for help! lol

2. Permission from the team to go out and actively recruit new people. Some expressed the feeling that it would be cooler if we won this on our own.

I don't know jack about e-bay but I would be willing to try and learn. I don't really understand the concept of this one though.

You voters have been doing great! I'm back at it myself finally. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tonypaladino
10-07-2005, 02:45 AM
I think getting help for from other forums might be a cool idea, but posing as a student would be the best way because, at least to me, it would still feel like OOT did it.

If we did it by ways of deceit, then we still did it, if any of this makes sense. If not I appologize.

TheMainEvent
10-07-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think getting help for from other forums might be a cool idea, but posing as a student would be the best way because, at least to me, it would still feel like OOT did it.

If we did it by ways of deceit, then we still did it, if any of this makes sense. If not I appologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the student idea is good...I don't think anyone will suspect that we're lying either...cause when you think about it, why the hell would we?

yoshi_yoshi
10-07-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the best way is just as the OP did it, a short, non-demanding post about helping his kid's school. I don't think people would respond well to a student asking for help for some random guy's kid on another message board. Just pretend you are the father, asking for your own kid. The OP is a perfect template.

Edit: of course by student you mean actual kids in actual middle schools. lol i'm slow.
now i think both ways are good.

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Let's look at the cup as half full.

Some folks here get 2 or 3 other forums to rally behind this like OOT and this thing is in the bag.

Come on guys, some of you must participate in some other reasonably sized but still kinda close-knit online communities. Let's get just a handful more sites going on this so we can crush those a-holes from Davidson.

BTW, anyone who is participating in this is cool, including Mr. CardSharpCook.

The4Aces
10-07-2005, 03:38 AM
i dont think any other forum except this one will do this. and i am not exactualy sure why this would would. some kids are going to get the computers why would another forum give a [censored] if it was this guys kid?

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think any other forum except this one will do this. and i am not exactualy sure why this would would. some kids are going to get the computers why would another forum give a [censored] if it was this guys kid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you voted yet?
Go put in 50 votes and tell me you don't feel good after.

We get to express our natural competitiveness.
We are trying to do something nice and there is zero chance we can personally benefit.
We have united to face a common foe!
We are to busy taking this very silly thing so seriously that we forget our own problems for a few minutes each day.

There is other stuff going on I'm sure. This be some powerful mojo aligning therapy. Don't argue with results my pubic hair stopped falling out since I started voting for forest! I can't stop or I will be jason_t'd down there soon.

Dude go vote and see how it feels and don't fight it or it won't work. It is like hypnosis you gota want to let it happen man.

Vote here and vote as often as possible you can't OD on this drug baby! (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

TheMainEvent
10-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Forest was added to the contest on 9/22.

Avg Votes per day before OP: ~100
Avg Votes per day after OP: ~4000

Eurotrash
10-07-2005, 04:11 AM
I'm about to put in a session now, hoping to get at least 50 votes in. go Forest

The4Aces
10-07-2005, 04:13 AM
i voted like 5 times.

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i voted like 5 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtg! You also need an avatar just say the word and I'm all over it okies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Someone must have taken the sugar away from the kids we are really killing them today gogo.

The4Aces
10-07-2005, 04:41 AM
hook me up with an avitar(or however its spelled)

jgorham
10-07-2005, 04:52 AM
For anyone interested, if you wait to press vote until the current vote counter gets to 450 you will avoid the "please wait a few moments..." bs.

CrazyEyez
10-07-2005, 09:44 AM
bump

Hamish McBagpipe
10-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Morning bump after putting in a quick session. But fell to a crappy 68.33% success rate. 82 out of 120 correct. Was doing work at the same time. Couldn't get more than 6 in a row right. Hoping to beat my PB in an afternoon session.

joshman1204
10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Well I was away all day yesterday but we were able to get the school involved now. They didnt even think they had a chance so they werent even trying but I showed them this thread and now they are all over it! They sent an email to all of the parents yesterday and they are having some flyers printed up now. We still need to find some other ways to get some votes cause I dont want to barely win I want a blowout.

bwana devil
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
you showed the junior high OOT? have you gone mad?!?!?

some threads may be NSFW but OOT itself is NSFS.

bwana

Hamish McBagpipe
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
You mean to tell me that the kids in the school weren't even voting with us!?! That is an outrage! You were just having us do the chimp work for all those layabout delinquents who expected to get a free mobil lab without doing any work?!? I've been putting in hard squint time at those verification codes and for the first couple of days I didn't even know or care where in the world the school was. Get on those kids or I'm switching to a local school who might appreciate it more.

CrazyEyez
10-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I get the feeling that morale is down a little. If OP would link to an mp3 of the Forest North fight song.....

Cancer Merchant
10-07-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you showed the junior high OOT? have you gone mad?!?!?

some threads may be NSFW but OOT itself is NSFS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Started off 0-10 this morning. I need a slumpbuster.

Stuey
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Dropped off the front page.

Vote here and vote as often as possible please. (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

Tell all your friends oot is taking on every 5-10 year old they possibly can. Except for the saint like children of Forest of course! Everyone is welcome to dog pile on this crazy train to victory!

voting

Stuey
10-07-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dropped off the front page.

Vote here and vote as often as possible please. (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

Tell all your friends oot is taking on every 5-10 year old they possibly can. Except for the saint like children of Forest of course! Everyone is welcome to dog pile on this crazy train to victory!

voting

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit spamming the oot or [censored] will ban you all. This got knocked down to the 3rd page way to fast.

voting

Hiding
10-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Bump back to the front....validation box slowly killing my soul.....

Stuey
10-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Come vote with me. Please?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/Puss_in_Boots.jpg

joshman1204
10-07-2005, 02:14 PM
The kids were voting but the parents werent.

cookie
10-07-2005, 02:19 PM
When will someone make a polite copy paste-able text that I can "spam" at some other forums?

savman
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM

we are still moving up, not sure if we are gaining ground though. will have to look into that

CrazyEyez
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

we are still moving up, not sure if we are gaining ground though. will have to look into that

[/ QUOTE ]

We are gaining ground, albeit slowly. This data is stale, though. I'm trying to update it roughly every 12 hours.

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/7273/forest8yj.jpg

savman
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM

savman
10-07-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are gaining ground, albeit slowly. This data is stale, though. I'm trying to update it roughly every 12 hours.

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/7273/forest8yj.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

great work...keep us updated.

savman
10-07-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we still are not in the top five hottest. this is a problem. 1.) either we just hope interest will wane and try and run a marathon 2.) we are going to have to enlist the help of other boards. I am beginning to think we need help. Sebring Middle has already had 5000 votes today. we need to modify our course of action if we want to win.

cookie
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey
10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people in oot today but are they voting?! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

savman
10-07-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people in oot today but are they voting?! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

eleven in a row. i SIIVCP.

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When will someone make a polite copy paste-able text that I can "spam" at some other forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Topic line: Help my kid’s school!

My child’s elementary school is trying to win a new dell mobil lab by receiving the most votes in an online contest. I need as much help from [Name of forum goes here.] as possible to try and win this for our school.

The link to vote is [Provide the link to vote here.]

The link to the thread that started all of this is [Provide a link to this thread so people will feel like part of the team and it might add creditability to our cause.]

Please join our team! Believe it or not this challenge is a lot of fun.

If someone thinks this needs modifying please do it. I only provided this as I feel we need to start DOING something.

We are great voters! Keep it up we are doing great. But we really need a group of go-getters that have the skills to take up the other challenges. We need direction the next 2 weeks is key we have lots of time though no need to panic yet.

Just be sure to keep voting for now. We are in a great position atm. We just need to take the next step while maintaining our base.

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
9th hottest on the day. This is when the kids shine, so we gotta take it to them on their own turf. Make the afternoon hours belong to Forest. Has anyone figured out the lightening bolt? It isn't s, it isn't h. BTW "O" and "0" do not exist. It is probably a "D". Also not appearing is "I" or "1"

TheMainEvent
10-07-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone figured out the lightening bolt? It isn't s, it isn't h.

[/ QUOTE ]

Z

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone figured out the lightening bolt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I forget who figured this out but it is a 4 and this has been proven true beleive it or not. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

cookie
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Topic line: Help my kid’s school!

My child’s elementary school is trying to win a new dell mobil lab by receiving the most votes in an online contest. I need as much help from [Name of forum goes here.] as possible to try and win this for our school.

The link to vote is [Provide the link to vote here.]

The link to the thread that started all of this is [Provide a link to this thread so people will feel like part of the team and it might add creditability to our cause.]

Please join our team! Believe it or not this challenge is a lot of fun.

If someone thinks this needs modifying please do it. I only provided this as I feel we need to start DOING something.

We are great voters! Keep it up we are doing great. But we really need a group of go-getters that have the skills to take up the other challenges. We need direction the next 2 weeks is key we have lots of time though no need to panic yet.

Just be sure to keep voting for now. We are in a great position atm. We just need to take the next step while maintaining our base.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just made the topic on another forum, it was pretty close to that, but with a summary of what we have accomplished so far also.

Cant really quote the exact post here, since it is in danish and u wouldn't understand it.

LordBP
10-07-2005, 04:27 PM
7th hottest today keep up the good work.

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
wtg progress!

10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I just started a thread on another P*k*r forum and I will update on how they respond.

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work people!! 6th hottest now!

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Nice! I'm starting to think the coolest people on here all don't have avatars though. Why is that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm switching back to the vote for forest one all this butt shaking is getting distracting. (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/babygotback.gif)

cookie
10-07-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtg progress!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, so far I got 1 response:
(Translated): No interess(sp?)

But others will see the thread, and others will vote, cause they have to obey my mighty powers /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cookie
10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice! I'm starting to think the coolest people on here all don't have avatars though. Why is that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I stole your "Vote for Forest" for the other forum, thought it was to much to also use it here /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 04:35 PM
BOOOM!!!! up to 32nd!

Stuey
10-07-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I stole your "Vote for Forest" for the other forum, thought it was to much to also use it here /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We can all use it this is election time !! Or I could make a bunch of diferent ones with the same vote for forest theme. I am a avatar freak after all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cookie
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We can all use it this is election time !! Or I could make a bunch of diferent ones with the same vote for forest theme. I am a avatar freak after all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Then make me an avatar asap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good work, CSC. I now apologize and retract my prior statements and believe that banning you would be a detriment to 2+2!

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good work, CSC. I now apologize and retract my prior statements and believe that banning you would be a detriment to 2+2!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, El D.

cookie
10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Already 1 voter from the other forum, he did complain about the verification box being broken, I just told him to try again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuey
10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Then make me an avatar asap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/cookie.gif

Sometimes I try to hard to be funny maybe this was one of those times. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I will change it if you don't like it.

cookie
10-07-2005, 05:08 PM
OMG, the adminstrator of the forum locked my thread, and also told me to make my avatar title shorter (was the link to the contest)
And he started out with:
Cookie - this is too low....

Hiding
10-07-2005, 05:21 PM
back to the front page, its the weekend a LOT of free time for voting

LordBP
10-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Weird. The banner says 3rd but stat page says 8th. And the 8th should be correct.

Vote vote vote.

CrazyEyez
10-07-2005, 05:31 PM
What happened to the leaderboard? It's gone.

Crveballin
10-07-2005, 05:44 PM
What is the enclosed square?

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is actually a "D". I'm having trouble with the almost enclosed square. It isn't "C". Not really sure what it could be..,,.

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone figured out the lightening bolt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I forget who figured this out but it is a 4 and this has been proven true beleive it or not. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, how about that, it is a '4'

CardSharpCook
10-07-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is actually a "D". I'm having trouble with the almost enclosed square. It isn't "C". Not really sure what it could be..,,.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer my own question... The "C" in question is really a "G". This is a blocky "D" with a piece missing on the top right.

tonypaladino
10-07-2005, 06:28 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10180631#post10180631

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, El D.

[/ QUOTE ]

YW, CSC. Your posts in this thread have shown that you are clearly a good man and an asset to 2+2!

Let's bring this home for Forest! The key to this, folks, is definitely getting other people/forums involved!

DukeSucks
10-07-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice touch! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3865/p9030022jpg2xa.jpg

Hamish McBagpipe
10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Can I get a verification on that ribbon they're wearing...I'm going with V H P, or maybe V LL P?

DukeSucks
10-07-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I get a verification on that ribbon they're wearing...I'm going with V H P, or maybe V LL P?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I only see 2 letters /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tonypaladino
10-07-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its VIP

TheMainEvent
10-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Anyone want to take a stab?

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6119/code6sv.jpg

Stuey
10-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I confess i tried to trick some people into voting a few days ago. This was wrong right? I am a bad man. I'm not proud of this but I might do it again. Very bad man I am.

Stuey tries to start a stampede! and fails (http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12611) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stuey
10-07-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job!

Hamish McBagpipe
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6119/code6sv.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the [censored] out! Quit playing w/Paint. I think I've seen where they get the background pattern from for these things but I can't remember.

savman
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

tom441lbk
10-07-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I confess i tried to trick some people into voting a few days ago. This was wrong right? I am a bad man. I'm not proud of this but I might do it again. Very bad man I am.

Stuey tries to start a stampede! and fails (http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12611) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA.....quit laughing and get to voting!(#*(!$*(!$8!!!

savman
10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is it just my comp or does the futureready site run SOOO much faster after school hours? at any rate i am increasing my efficiency by a factor of 2.5. although some of this is my acclimation to the stange vernacular in the verification box.

cookie
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Some intertainment for the votiong people:

Guy fits a Ferry Horn to his car, Scaring the hell outta people (http://www.filecabi.net/v/file/ferryhorny/wmv)

Jman28
10-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Voting Contest. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14)

I thought it'd work better in it's own thread. Good idea?

I think that might be a way to introduce it to other forums.

siccjay
10-07-2005, 08:11 PM
If you open up Mozilla and IE you can vote double as fast.

tonypaladino
10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Voting Contest. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your link is broken

Jorge10
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Keep it on the first page...

Jorge10
10-07-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep it on the first page...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman28
10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your link is broken

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. this should work. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3609863&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

mmbt0ne
10-07-2005, 09:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
agreed, anyone know how to turn it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be adblock-able if you use firefox.

ewile
10-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I voted a bunch of times. That verification code really does blow.

CrazyEyez
10-07-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha ha this is funny:
[ QUOTE ]
is there a limit on how many times you can vote? So one person can just keep voting the whole time they are waiting on dinner to be ready?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just voted 24 times

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey Tonyrocks922 -- how long is this contest going on? Should we vote every day? And will you let us know the outcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman28
10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha ha this is funny:
[ QUOTE ]
is there a limit on how many times you can vote? So one person can just keep voting the whole time they are waiting on dinner to be ready?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just voted 24 times

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey Tonyrocks922 -- how long is this contest going on? Should we vote every day? And will you let us know the outcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it's working. Anyone have more forums?

LordBP
10-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Has anyone tried changing the brightness or contrast of your monitor?

I just messed around with it and it helped me figure out some of the darker numbers/letters.

cbfair
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried changing the brightness or contrast of yur monitor?

I just messed around with it and it helped me figure out some of the darker numbers/letters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did the same thing, dragged the window over to my second monitor (bright for movies, etc) and it made a huge difference on my success rate. I was about 1 for 10 before and I've just taken made 25 out of 30 attempts.

In this case, Brighter=Better

LordBP
10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Kids should be sleeping soon. Let's make up some ground.

AlphaWice
10-07-2005, 10:37 PM
If one can vote double-fast there must be a way to vote as fast as possible. Can someone figure out how (proxies?) and then make a program that simply pops up the verify code and has you press the buttons then instantly moves on to the next one? This way we can speed up the voting 5x.

CrazyEyez
10-07-2005, 11:41 PM
We're treading water here. We're 900 votes FURTHER from 5th place than we were 48 hours ago. The top 4 remain unchanged. Westborough is a force to be reckoned with. San Fran OOT-ers mount up. We need to send someone in for recon/sabotage.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7729/forest7jm.jpg

LordBP
10-07-2005, 11:45 PM
True that doesn't look so good but the morning updates are usually where we gain spots. We gained 1400 yesterday between the PM and the AM.
Vote vote vote.

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, Tony-san. Our kids have a chance. Obviously we need a couple more forums working on this. Those middleborough kids have too many computers to be doing so well. They don't need these laptops.

savman
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand how westborough middle can have 700+ votes by 2 a.m....well they are west coast. at any rate, that is a lot of votes in two hours.

Jman28
10-08-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm gonna link to the best of 100 contest (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3609863&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1) one more time since my original link didn't work. I think it's a good idea at least, and a great idea for forums that we want to introduce this to. Just check it.

Jman28
10-08-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm confused. The hottest school today has 1100 votes. If just 15 people vote 100 times a day, we beat that. Does it not count all the votes right or something?

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. The hottest school today has 1100 votes. If just 15 people vote 100 times a day, we beat that. Does it not count all the votes right or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the count resets at like 1am EST, but not sure. Jman, I love the contest you started. Excellent idea. Ok, guys, the good news is that we've got 31st place. The bad news is that we are behind in the midnight hours!!!! THE NIGHT BELONGS TO OOT!!!!! Get out there guys! We are only 6th hottest right now. We usually vie for 1st at this time of the day.

cookie
10-08-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, Tony-san. Our kids have a chance. Obviously we need a couple more forums working on this. Those middleborough kids have too many computers to be doing so well. They don't need these laptops.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=930100&amp;page=2&amp;pp=15 Tony, u need to safe this:
[ QUOTE ]
I voted.
Have one question though. Why are you in Brooklyn and your sons school in Austin, TX?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tonyrocks922
No More Lurking!

[/ QUOTE ]

They feel bad about voting, make them feel good about it again plz

The obvious answer here has to be something along the lines of u living far away from your son and wants to do something good for him /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT:
this isnt good either
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see this or notice until after I had gone to the site and voted. I certainly hope this guy is for real...only 2 posts..and yes, I know we were all new at some point. I did this on my computer at work and am now sick thinking I may have opened a link to a virus or something like that. Please assure me its okay

[/ QUOTE ]

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 04:07 AM
I hope we get on this one quick. However, I can see this working out well for us:

"Hey guys, no cause for alarm /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Me and Mrs. Tony got divorced 5 years ago. She moved back to her home town and took my son with her. I remarried two years ago, and Shiela and I have been able to take my son Robert to DisneyWorld the last two years (June '05 and June '04). I talk to Robert on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but wish I was more a part of his life. He was very excited when he told me about this contest, so I told him I'd see what I can do. I've talked to my co-workers (I'm an accountant), and then thought of this forum and thought, "what better place than a kids-oriented site to find people to help?" So anyway, no, there is no funny business here. Just trying to help my kid's school win this contest. I mean, in a way it is silly, just a $10K prize, but when I hear how excited Robert is - it's just really cool, and I want to encourage that. I think the best thing about this contest is that it is getting a bunch of kids working together for a cause. So please vote. My son certainly appreciates it, and so do I. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for the particulars: The contest runs for another 38 days and has been running since 9/15. You can vote as much as you want, Robert has bragged that his best "session" was 86 out of 100 (everyone has problems with the verification box, so the kids turned it into a game to see who can get the best of 100). Our school is 31st of some 3000, but only the top 5 win the prize package. SO GET OUT AND VOTE!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Link to voting booth (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)"

Stuey
10-08-2005, 04:09 AM
you sir are good

Hamish McBagpipe
10-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Bump on a 500, yes, 500 vote entry from about 230 to 4 this morning. One window of votes, one of 2+2, one of work, and one of some new-fangled kind of card game where you can actually bet money on the outcome.

But the key was that I truly believe that they give you a break in these late hours...the thing is a lot faster to process each vote and, as you can see, they put up the easy verification tiles for us.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9404/ez2bb.png

Look how easy...I don't remember ever seeing ones like these before and I was getting a tonne of em this last session.

Stuey
10-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Could it be that the difficulty goes up as the teams vote total for the day increases! Truly diabolical I freaking love it!!

The only way to find out for sure is to push our daily vote count to a silly high total like 10K and see how hard they get near the end of the day.

Vote it up

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 04:43 AM
WE'VE MADE IT TO 30th!!! Also we are 3rd on the day, but those damn Middleboroughians have 3x our vote. We need to get more forums involved. Tony did a great job with Disworld, I'm thinking I might set up an account to help that thread along (keep it bumped to page one and type encouragement). We need other forums. Your job OOT is to come up with more forums to infiltrate. Stuey, you hit on a big market for us - Gamers. I'm not sure if we can set up a contest (it'd have to work on the honor system), but we can try to do the same thing in a gaming forum. Those nerds (like us nerds) are capable of sitting in front of a CPU screen for hours and they might take to this contest idea. Also, other sites that have parental-type interest. Parents may not give us the devoted addiction that gamers give us - but it is still a nice market.

TheMainEvent
10-08-2005, 04:46 AM
29th baby

Hamish McBagpipe
10-08-2005, 05:16 AM
After another quick session...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6092/six6ek.png

I'm going to put a definitive chart together soon, it goes faster once you know those trick ones.

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After another quick session...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6092/six6ek.png

I'm going to put a definitive chart together soon, it goes faster once you know those trick ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent work, Hamish. It is one thing to say, "the lightning bolt is a 4," it is quite another to show a picture of a lightning bolt with an arrow saying "that's a 4!"

On the Disney front: I have created an account and will be supporting our effort over there. But I need Tony to get over there and explain why he's living in Brooklyn while his kid goes to school in Austin. I've replied to the thread as an unmarried father and offered this as a possible explanation, but it'd be nice for Tony to put their fears to rest. We can get this to work for us.

Stuey
10-08-2005, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=930100&amp;page=2&amp;pp=15 Tony, u need to safe this:
[ QUOTE ]
I voted.
Have one question though. Why are you in Brooklyn and your sons school in Austin, TX?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tonyrocks922
No More Lurking!

[/ QUOTE ]

They feel bad about voting, make them feel good about it again plz

The obvious answer here has to be something along the lines of u living far away from your son and wants to do something good for him /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT:
this isnt good either
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see this or notice until after I had gone to the site and voted. I certainly hope this guy is for real...only 2 posts..and yes, I know we were all new at some point. I did this on my computer at work and am now sick thinking I may have opened a link to a virus or something like that. Please assure me its okay

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumped so tony sees this.

ChrisGSmyth
10-08-2005, 11:31 AM
28th

Stuey
10-08-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
28th

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

Vote here and vote as often as possible. (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

Try and beat 91/100 and post it here to be the new champ. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3609863&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

voting

tonypaladino
10-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Alright, I did a version of Cardshark's reply on the Dis Boards.

[censored] man, I can't beleive I did something so stupid. Should have had my location as Texas, but OTOH that might have led to questions I couldn't answer about where I live/work etc.

Usually my lies are well thought out, but I did this in a hurry.

CrazyEyez
10-08-2005, 02:06 PM
We're losing ground.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5495/forest7yp.jpg

gorie
10-08-2005, 02:08 PM
i'm voting again, i'm bored.

Hamish McBagpipe
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're losing ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something not right about this. I put around 600 votes in last night between 2 and 5 on my own but it's only changed by 1500 total since 10 last night?

Hiding
10-08-2005, 02:36 PM
run forest run

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 03:12 PM
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8827/img2php4fy.png
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2006/imgphp6qs.png

Stuey
10-08-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8827/img2php4fy.png
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2006/imgphp6qs.png

[/ QUOTE ]

That messes with your head hey!
voting

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 03:56 PM
operation Disney report:

[ QUOTE ]
I voted a few more times. I will try several times a day - to the OP, try to keep this on the first page.

The validation codes are tough, but if you mess up, it will give you another one.

Denae

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good. We need them to take off on their own.

Peca277
10-08-2005, 04:16 PM
27th!! keep voting! (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuey
10-08-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
operation Disney report:

[ QUOTE ]
I voted a few more times. I will try several times a day - to the OP, try to keep this on the first page.

The validation codes are tough, but if you mess up, it will give you another one.

Denae

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good. We need them to take off on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony did this well and you have slipped in nicely to smooth things over and push them in the right direction. I am impressed. We must infect other sites.

OOT 1 of 2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange)
DIS 2 of 2 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=930100&amp;page=2&amp;pp=15)

It begins!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/queen.jpg

Prepare to be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctives to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

CardSharpCook
10-08-2005, 04:23 PM
this is bad. link (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=930758)

tonypaladino
10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Eh, Osage has 58 total votes. I'm not too worried.

Edit: Also, she didn't give a nice long story like I did. She dosn't have a shot.

Stuey
10-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey Tony you think you could reply to each person that voted and thank them. You get a bump of the thread out of it and it will encourage them to continue. Keep putting a link to the voting page in each post also. They seem to be getting into it.

tonypaladino
10-08-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Tony you think you could reply to each person that voted and thank them. You get a bump of the thread out of it and it will encourage them to continue. Keep putting a link to the voting page in each post also. They seem to be getting into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do this soon

cokehead
10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
26th now

Stuey
10-08-2005, 06:27 PM
We are 9th hottest for the day. We have a stong evening today and we could be in the top 20!
voting

LordBP
10-08-2005, 07:54 PM
I was looking around for other forums and I found one with like 900+ people viewing it at a time. It is an off-topic forum like this one.

Maybe someone more creative than I can post there with something similar to what Tony did. It might get deleted or whatever but might be worth a try.
We are over 43000 behind 5th place now. We can't let it become to large.

Forum URL Here (http://forums.offtopic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=40c7292ca0166e47ee344606d857158 d&amp;f=11)

TheCroShow
10-08-2005, 08:48 PM
rank 26? is that right? i have not followed this thread until today

Stuey
10-08-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rank 26? is that right? i have not followed this thread until today

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup we are 26th! And only 4 or 5 days ago we were like 280ish.

Vote here and vote as often as possible. (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

frostbrn
10-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah a "voter's guide" of sorts explaining some of the characters would help A LOT. It gets really aggravating really fast for those of us who don't vote as often as some of you others when you try to get the same code like 10 times in a row

DrunkIrish05
10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
25th

handsome
10-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Hit up the slickdeals and fatwallet forums

LordBP
10-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I made a sort of voter's guide in a MS word doc but I'm sure how to make it so everyone can see it. I tried taking a screenshot and using Imageshack to host it but the file is too big.
Need help please.

LordBP
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Here. I think. It's not totally complete but it does compile actual correct usage of the following digits.

Voter's Guide Part 1
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2936/votingguide15cj.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=votingguide15cj.jpg)

Voter's Guide Part 2
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/130/votingguide24bm.th.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=votingguide24bm.jpg)

Not the greatest way to do it I'm sure. If you are computer person or whatever let me know. I can email u as attachment so it can be posted better.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Perfect imo! Thanks for doing this.

Now people read up and vote!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

We are gaining fast on all but for a handfull of teams as we get closer more will join in the fight and we shall crush the remaining children of this I am sure!

We won't crush the forest kids though they are seed for a new future.

Voting (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

tonypaladino
10-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Stuey said on the DIS board:
[ QUOTE ]
Wow these will be some lucky kids computers and they are going to Disneyland! I will try to vote a few times everyday. They got a chance if we all do the same. They went up 2 places over all since I started voting/watching.

This is a cool forum for offering to help some kids they don't even know. I think I will like it here.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

freaking fabulous. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif OOT

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Yeah, very awesome. It'll be good to have 3 of us to bump. Just wish we could get it to take off there like we did here. I'm working on the OT forum, but it has an "initiation" period in which I'm not allowed to post. I think they want me to pay money to get into the site. we'll see.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
going to Disneyland!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stuey
10-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Who else is voting atm? We are moving up fast right now I know you are out there show yourself! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voting here join me. (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

Jman28
10-09-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stuey said on the DIS board:
[ QUOTE ]
Wow these will be some lucky kids computers and they are going to Disneyland! I will try to vote a few times everyday. They got a chance if we all do the same. They went up 2 places over all since I started voting/watching.

This is a cool forum for offering to help some kids they don't even know. I think I will like it here.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

freaking fabulous. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone on another forum + a few of us to show everyone how cool voting is = a lot more votes. DOES ANYONE ALREADY POST ON ANOTHER FORUM? Please guys, this is huge.

jdl22
10-09-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, very awesome. It'll be good to have 3 of us to bump. Just wish we could get it to take off there like we did here. I'm working on the OT forum, but it has an "initiation" period in which I'm not allowed to post. I think they want me to pay money to get into the site. we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be funny if the OP doesn't actually have a kid, but posts in another fourm where someone posted about the contest and created this thread here trying to sucker us all into voting for some kids with 3 degrees of separation instead of 2?

Subfallen
10-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Try the General forum at AskMen.com. I am banned there but I think you could build some serious momentum.

If nobody is going to try askmen let me know and I will try to create another account or something. That place has uber-traffic.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try the General forum at AskMen.com. I am banned there but I think you could build some serious momentum.

If nobody is going to try askmen let me know and I will try to create another account or something. That place has uber-traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to ask Gorie if she will go yes this is the path we must follow. She would make short work of them of this I am sure. I shall send out the signal post haste.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/goriesignal.gif

TheCroShow
10-09-2005, 04:37 AM
i will vote whenever i have a few extra minutes to kill.

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 05:12 AM
OMG, I am starting to like it over there....

OOT might lose some of my free time (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=926176&amp;page=1&amp;pp=15)

TheMainEvent
10-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Once again westborough is hottest...what a surprise.

DukeSucks
10-09-2005, 08:51 AM
#1 hottest for the day.
Keep it up!

Hamish McBagpipe
10-09-2005, 09:08 AM
24th Overall!!!! 2nd hottest. The avalanche has begun. Wimp kids wasting time going to church on this Sunday morning, ahhahahahaha.

cokehead
10-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Down to 4th hottest. come on people

vote! (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

Hiding
10-09-2005, 01:53 PM
bump back to front, more voting!

TheMainEvent
10-09-2005, 03:12 PM
WTF 'Don Estridge High Technology' doesn't even have an avatar and they have 5k votes today already

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF 'Don Estridge High Technology' doesn't even have an avatar and they have 5k votes today already

[/ QUOTE ]

If other forums are not enlisted, this quest is doomed to fail. Not even in the top 5 hottest. Gaining on all the losers means not a thing if we're losing ground to the guys that matter.

ThaSaltCracka
10-09-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah, he needs to crosspost this in a few forums.

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, I meant totally different forums other than 2+2.

ThaSaltCracka
10-09-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yes of course. This wouldn't fit into any of the other forums here.

TheMainEvent
10-09-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to find out a way to make it 'catch on' like it did in OOT. I think what made it for us was the challenge of figuring out the codes. If we just say "vote for my kids school" people will only vote once and it won't really do us much good in the long run.

Voltron87
10-09-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think some people on here don't realize how big the internet really is. 2p2 is a drop in the bucket compared to some other forums/communities.

send_the_msg
10-09-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think some people on here don't realize how big the internet really is. 2p2 is a drop in the bucket compared to some other forums/communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder how many people visit the craigslist forums. i'd imagine quite a few dispite how awful they are.

Sponger15SB
10-09-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.thocp.net/biographies/estridge_don.html

What a crappy name for a high school.

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 03:54 PM
It's just not taking off at Disney. 37 replies, but, 13 of them from me, Tony, and Stuey. Of the other 24, no one has more than 2 replies. Still working on getting into that off-topic forum. How the hell do you inspire the kind of explosion that occured here?

Voltron87
10-09-2005, 03:55 PM
i honestly dont understand why this thread has so many replies, why are people so into this?

Stuey
10-09-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We need...

A new thread to drive this effort in a focused manner.

A respected leader that people will follow because they know he is capable of making this work. (El D, Salt, Voltron, many more, just not Stuey as I have made myself out to be a assclown here. :grin) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A method to our madness. As Voltron pointed out the details of how we sell this to people are very important.

I would try to do this but I don't have the proper skills. I'm used to paying people to do as I say and text based selling is a weakness for me as I write at a grade 4 level.

I will however join and do as I'm told.

Go forest!

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i honestly dont understand why this thread has so many replies, why are people so into this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You hear the one about the mountain climber who just climbed mount Everest? He got down and a reporter asked him why he did it. "because it was there."

This is Mount Everest. This is an immpossible quest and a difficult challenge. There is no way we can succeed. THAT is why we must try.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say we are very close to winning this thing and there is only 10 minutes left in the contest. It looks like Forest only needs 5 votes to win.

Do you vote?

We just jumped on the wagon early but everyone jumps on for the same reasons. It is human nature to help.

lem45216
10-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Does anyone here own any brig factory or supervise a large number of people with internet access? If so then you should tell them that their work for the foreseeable future is to vote. All day, until the end of the contest. Like one of the parents does in Charlie and The Chocolate factory. I’m having trouble voting at the moment because my keyboard is broken and keeps typing random letters all overt the shop, should be fixed tomorrow though.

cokehead
10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
well down to 23rd, and 7th hottest for the day. still need to do better though

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 04:54 PM
we are 23rd with 27K votes.
18th has 30K
13th has 44k
9th has 47K
5th has 70K

We can get to top 20 today with a concerted effort.

tonypaladino
10-09-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just not taking off at Disney. 37 replies, but, 13 of them from me, Tony, and Stuey. Of the other 24, no one has more than 2 replies. Still working on getting into that off-topic forum. How the hell do you inspire the kind of explosion that occured here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, according to big-boards.com DIS Boards has almost twice the members of 2+2, so you'd think we'd get a better response.

I am going to start a thread to form infiltration teams to hit other message boards. Please PM me if you're interested and I can assign teams to different forums. There will be a post in OOT shortly.

TheMainEvent
10-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I'll do 300 or so. Anybody down?

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

argh, 300 is a lot, but I'll do it. starting now. Gonna time it too, just for curiousity's sake.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work so I am voting when I can slow and stead. Might get 300 done in 4 hours if I'm lucky. But they will get done.

tonypaladino
10-09-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, according to big-boards.com DIS Boards has almost twice the members of 2+2, so you'd think we'd get a better response.

I am going to start a thread to form infiltration teams to hit other message boards. Please PM me if you're interested and I can assign teams to different forums. There will be a post in OOT shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

New Thread is here.\ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3624866&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

Please continue to keep this thread going though. the other one is for infiltration teams.

TheMainEvent
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
100 down 200 to go

looks like we moved back up to the top 5 hottest

cokehead
10-09-2005, 05:43 PM
up to 3rd hottest. I need a break...

10-09-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're treading water here. We're 900 votes FURTHER from 5th place than we were 48 hours ago. The top 4 remain unchanged. Westborough is a force to be reckoned with. San Fran OOT-ers mount up. We need to send someone in for recon/sabotage.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7729/forest7jm.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

It's getting worse. We're now 43735 behind 5th place. Furthest behind we've been in a while.

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 06:19 PM
10111 01101 01111 10111 5
11111 11110 01111 11101 3
01111 11101 11111 11111 2
01101 01110 11111 11110 5
11111 11110 11111 10111 2

11111 11100 01111 11111 3
11111 01111 11111 11101 2
11111 11111 11111 11111 0
11101 11011 10111 11111 3
01111 11111 10101 11111 3

01111 11111 11111 11101 2
11011 01101 11111 11011 4
11111 11111 00110 11111 3
11100 00101 11111 01110 6

10111 10111 11011 11110 4
11111 11110 01111 10011 4
01111 11111 11101 2

300/355 = 84.5%

Phew, marathon session of 75 minutes. But, we are up to 3rd hottest.

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 06:20 PM
we are just 100 votes out of 2nd!! lets get a big push people!!!

TheMainEvent
10-09-2005, 06:26 PM
I just finished my 300 too but we gotta get that 2nd...back to the grind

Stuey
10-09-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10111 01101 01111 10111 5
11111 11110 01111 11101 3
01101 01110 11111 11110 5
11111 11110 11111 10111 2

11111 11100 01111 11111 3
11111 01111 11111 11101 2
11111 11111 11111 11111 0
11101 11011 10111 11111 3
01111 11111 10101 11111 3

01111 11111 11111 11101 2
11011 01101 11111 11011 4
11111 11111 00110 11111 3
11100 00101 11111 01110 6

10111 10111 11011 11110 4
11111 11110 01111 10011 4
01111 11111 11101 2

300/355 = 84.5%

Phew, marathon session of 75 minutes. But, we are up to 3rd hottest.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

We get 20 people doing 500 votes a day we got 10K votes. I am not sure I can do it. But you just did 300 in 75 minutes! I am going to try I may damage myself but I'm going for it.

Goooo Forest!

WTG CardSharpCook!!

voting link here (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

ThaSaltCracka
10-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Anyone playing poker, vote in between hands.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished my 300 too but we gotta get that 2nd...back to the grind

[/ QUOTE ]

What a hard core group cokehead is nutty to. My kind of people. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cookie
10-09-2005, 06:36 PM
We are back to second now!

CardSharpCook
10-09-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are back to second now!

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! 22nd overall too!

Hamish McBagpipe
10-09-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone playing poker, vote in between hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obvious. Unless you are 4 or more multi-tabling you have tonnes of time to 2+2 and vote. There can't be that many hardcore groups who have a lot of free waiting time. Gamers don't.

Listen, I'm in for my evening session, I'll put in a few hundred more votes as I play cards but one thing....get your [censored] together soon, the multiple posts on OOT are starting to piss people off I'm sure. Either stick w/one or lock this one and start another...this isn't a new Lost episode, we don't need 8 posts on the first page about this vote, heh.

Stuey
10-09-2005, 06:41 PM
2nd hottest for the day!

10-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Let sit to find out the total number of votes when i went to dinner. 27,500

Cancer Merchant
10-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Using adblock to delete that damn counter caused my winrate to spike, and my computer not to slow to a crawl. Win-win, baby!

RacersEdge
10-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Why do they have such a bogus contest - getting strangers to vote online? Wouldn't it make sense if the kids themselves actually did something?

Stuey
10-09-2005, 10:31 PM

I still think we are doing great! 22nd place only 17 more teams to pass 37 days to do it.

send_the_msg
10-09-2005, 11:52 PM
vote

Stuey
10-10-2005, 12:18 AM
okies

CardSharpCook
10-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Ripped from our Disney thread
[ QUOTE ]
manipulated
Earning My Ears

"Don't be manipulated
This is a scam:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1 "

[/ QUOTE ]

What jackass would do this????

TheMainEvent
10-10-2005, 12:45 AM
We need to regroup. Someone is ratting is out on the other boards and to top it off we dropped a rank on the overall for the first time in awhile.

Stuey
10-10-2005, 01:01 AM
I think it was a great day. We are 5th for the day and it is clear we are very close to having the voting power to win this thing. We only need maybe 4K more votes a day and we will win easy.

We found out early that we have a rat and we are switching to pm's to get stuff done now. The rat did very little damage.

There is lots of work to do but we learned lots today. And I was impressed at the number of people willing to put the time a effort into making this thing work.

We need to keep voting and slowly but steadily keep trying to get other forums involved.

Dear snitch stop being a nit and just join us and vote for forest! Make kids happy and maybe have some fun for a sec. yesh

CardSharpCook
10-10-2005, 01:08 AM
right on, this is definately one of our best days yet. Really depressing that someone would sabotage this effort. Is there any way we can be more honest in our efforts? Would a post saying, "Our forum is trying to get this kid's school a set of laptops, do you want to join the effort?" work? Thoughts?

Stuey
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Yah it would work just as good maybe better. We were only lying so that it was more fun for us to do. At least that is what I thought the reason was. And really those were not lies. I am 100% sure the OP would give Tony or anyone else here the ok to make a duplicate post of his original in order to spread the word faster and more effectively.

The rat who ever he/she is must be the most high and mighty stick wad of all time. Or they have a school going against forest! lol

siccjay
10-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Who in the [censored] would do that? It's not a scam. We are tryin to get some kids computers.

CardSharpCook
10-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I guess you're right, we were lying because it made it more fun. More fun to say "infiltrating" than "soliciting". I do think we are gonna have to be more honest in the future. Just not sure how well an honest post works. But we will find out.

TheMainEvent
10-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Party skin breakup fiasco = 2+2ers on hiatus from online p*ker = more free time to vote for forest

cookie
10-10-2005, 09:59 AM

Happy birthday stuey

LordBP
10-10-2005, 10:50 AM
44th Hottest won't work. Let's get to work.

CrazyEyez
10-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I really really hate to have to point this out; I don't want to come off as a pessimist. But we're further from 5th than we were when this campaign started.

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/6517/forest1et.jpg

I point this out not because I feel we're doomed, but because there's still time to right the ship. But status quo will NOT get it done, as El D has mentioned. We need a MAJOR innovation in our strategy.

I can't believe with all the smart people here (myself not included) that we can't blow this thing up. Craigslist? Fark? Ebaums? Usenet? Bestpageintheuniverse? Something needs to be done or we're wasting our time.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cokehead
10-10-2005, 11:43 AM
how can you tell we are 44th hottest for the day?

also, damn site is lagged for me today.

lem45216
10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm going to see how many i can do in the next hour.
All those that wish to join me please do.
Let Battle Commence.

bosoxfan
10-10-2005, 12:03 PM
i just got 4 of the first 5 codes wrong. this thing sucks

lem45216
10-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I've got the last 11 wrong, and i'm 100% sure i'm getting them right. Something is wrong with it.

TheMainEvent
10-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't get it to work at all today

LordBP
10-10-2005, 12:11 PM
What I find funny is that on a contest run by a billion dollar computer company is the server is slow as hell.

lem45216
10-10-2005, 12:12 PM
The page won't even open anymore for me. There goes my hourly rate.

cokehead
10-10-2005, 12:13 PM
it will work for me today, its just slow

cookie
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435

GO FOREST!

Hamish McBagpipe
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/2267/z3vz.png

Stuey
10-10-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Happy birthday stuey

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks but it is just a tribute to jakethebake although I do feel a day older today. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hiding
10-10-2005, 04:53 PM
back to the front page, we need more votes

tonypaladino
10-10-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really really hate to have to point this out; I don't want to come off as a pessimist. But we're further from 5th than we were when this campaign started.

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/6517/forest1et.jpg

I point this out not because I feel we're doomed, but because there's still time to right the ship. But status quo will NOT get it done, as El D has mentioned. We need a MAJOR innovation in our strategy.

I can't believe with all the smart people here (myself not included) that we can't blow this thing up. Craigslist? Fark? Ebaums? Usenet? Bestpageintheuniverse? Something needs to be done or we're wasting our time.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See the other thread I started.
We are having trouble spreading this to other sites because some OOTiots are douchebags

10-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Bump!

cookie
10-10-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman28
10-10-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
back to the front page, we need more votes

[/ QUOTE ]

CardSharpCook
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
OK guys, I'm throwing in the towel. Despite all our efforts we're only getting farther away from our goal. We represent a small, elementary school. Kids this age can't really do this for themselves and we can't do it without them. We are up against schools with student bodies over 1000 and the youth to go with it. We are about 15 guys. We need around 6K votes a day or 400 votes per person. That's about 100 minutes a day of typing in that stupid verificatin box. Efforts to infiltrate other forums have both failed to spark any interst and have been sabotaged from within OOT. I just don't think this is possible.

David04
10-10-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK guys, I'm throwing in the towel. Despite all our efforts we're only getting farther away from our goal. We represent a small, elementary school. Kids this age can't really do this for themselves and we can't do it without them. We are up against schools with student bodies over 1000 and the youth to go with it. We are about 15 guys. We need around 6K votes a day or 400 votes per person. That's about 100 minutes a day of typing in that stupid verificatin box. Efforts to infiltrate other forums have both failed to spark any interst and have been sabotaged from within OOT. I just don't think this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pussy.

Stuey
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
We need you man hang tight we got over a month to get this thing working. We are trying new stuff everyday. It is far to early to give up. Like you said what if we got 100 people and they did 100 votes per day. That's a easy 10K and that will do it. We just need to get the point across to more people that we are serious about this.

This small group that got us this far must carry us to the top 15 or the top 10. Then maybe others will join us as most only want to join once victory is certian. I'm sticking this out.

We gain on ever team everyday but for the top 4 or 5 teams. We will need a big push in the end to get them but we will never know if it was possible unless we get in position.

You have voted to much is all much more than your share. Give us 100 or 200 votes a day that is more than enough. If others can't do the same you can't do it all by yourself. You are burned out is all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-10-2005, 08:39 PM
I've voted like 7 times does this help?

Stuey
10-10-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've voted like 7 times does this help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yes!! thx

Stuey
10-10-2005, 10:12 PM
We gained a ranking we are 21st now.

Vote here go forest! (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

tonypaladino
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Claunchy
10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Okay, I give in. I'm gonna do at least 50 tonight.

For those of you who aren't participating, if you spend any sizable amount of time gambling on the internet you can do this easily. Stop being a pussy and vote already. OOT depends on you.

Skipbidder
10-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Peach Cobbler.

Okay, I'll vote too.

Stuey
10-10-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Peach Cobbler.

Okay, I'll vote too.

[/ QUOTE ]

PE!YPC

Stuey
10-11-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The kids killed us today of this I am sure. I will remember this day and it will make our final victory that much sweeter.

Get a group of mad men together and when the new day starts in about 30 min lets take the leader board back!

We are ranked 21 we need to pass 16 more teams we have 36 days.

Stuey
10-11-2005, 01:13 AM
We are 1st! Show yourself's madmen I know you are out there I see your deeds! wtg

cbfair
10-11-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm "two tabling" like a madman. I'm gonna pick an album and zone out to the whole thing before knocking out for the day. I should get about 200 more votes tonight.

Solid momentum through the night will position us to pick up a few spots today.

Go Forest!

Stuey
10-11-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I should get about 200 more votes tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are truly a madman! Ok I'm in what the hell. You know if we get 10K votes per day we will walk away with this thing. That means we only need 50 madmen and/or crazychicks doing 200 votes a day and oot will be victorious.

Surely there is 50 here mad enough to do this. What say thy oot are you mad enough?

Ok enough chat I'm back to voting get this 200 over with. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Claunchy
10-11-2005, 01:28 AM
200 is steep. I will commit to 100 but will try for more on days when I have little going on. Go Forest!

TheMainEvent
10-11-2005, 01:32 AM
http://www.satiricpress.com/sp/archive/2004-10-25/img_pdiddycombs.jpg

shadow29
10-11-2005, 01:41 AM
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7828/gay1us.th.jpg (http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gay1us.jpg)

This is the worst. The allure initially stemmed from how quickly I could do it. Dell quickly thwarted my plans.

I'll put in 50 more or so, however.

Claunchy
10-11-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7828/gay1us.th.jpg (http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gay1us.jpg)

This is the worst. The allure initially stemmed from how quickly I could do it. Dell quickly thwarted my plans.

I'll put in 50 more or so, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
2-tabling is the best way to counter-thwart Dell.

Stuey
10-11-2005, 02:07 AM
How did they pass us oh i'm mad. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Stuey
10-11-2005, 02:18 AM
We are back in first! Nice

Join the fight vote here. (http://www.futureready.org/school/?pid=01541435)

cbfair
10-11-2005, 02:20 AM
This is fierce neck-and-neck battle. One more player could tip the scales for us.

Who's in?

Go Forest!!

Stuey
10-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Site stopped working for me. I was getting tired anyways. We really had a good run there but we kept going from 1st to 2nd that westbourgh team is vicious.

Good voting people I shall return renewed! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dynasty
10-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Have you guys posted this thing on site deleted? They have an "OOT" which is more active than this forum.

CardSharpCook
10-11-2005, 03:07 AM
two tabling has no effect! it messes with the system, you can only send one correct answer every 15 secs from your computer. Is this not the case with you?

BTW, I'm still retired from the Forest game.

TheMainEvent
10-11-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
two tabling has no effect! it messes with the system, you can only send one correct answer every 15 secs from your computer. Is this not the case with you?

BTW, I'm still retired from the Forest game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you were way premature in giving up on this. We have over a month left. Yes, it appears that we are slowly losing ground but the difference is insignificant compared to how many votes will eventually decide this thing. I refuse to believe that with the collective intelligence of this forum (no jokes please) we can't find a way to beat these kids.

Stuey
10-11-2005, 03:20 AM
CardSharpCook voted enough that he does not need to vote anymore. He did 800 in one session it would be crazy to try and keep that up.

All I know is we go up in rank every single day and if we ever get in the top ten everyone is going to want to join us. I'm ok with that and I'm willing to suffer now so we can pass it over to them to it finish for us. For now we must take the fight to these punks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thx for the suggestion Dynasty we will look into it but we got someone (a RAT!) going around telling people not to join our effort evertime we post on a new forum after we discuss it on here. So if you can remove that link and PM it to Tony or me and we will try it.

CardSharpCook
10-11-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm sure there is a standard analogy that I should use, but I don't know it, so I'll make one up:

There may be a dozen ways to skin a cat, but all of them involve a knife and a lot of blood.

Point being, we are 50K votes out of 5th. We need to average 1600 votes more per day than the leaders of the pack. We currently average about 1000 less than the leaders. So somewhere we have to manufacture 10 man hours a day. We're currently putting in about 20 man hours a day. Ok fine, it is possible, but how the hell can we get people to spend that much time punching in verification codes?

The4Aces
10-11-2005, 03:36 AM
why would the average person on another forum care if FORST got the laptops or if some ohter school got the laptops?

CardSharpCook
10-11-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why would the average person on another forum care if FORST got the laptops or if some ohter school got the laptops?

[/ QUOTE ]

why would we care? There is always a way to inspire people. The hard part is finding it.

Jorge10
10-11-2005, 04:28 AM
First Page Please.