PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Final Table: "Official" News, Results, and Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

AngryCola
07-16-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Joseph Hachem has just become the 2005 World Series of Poker champion!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I leave for just a bit and it's all over. Looks like I missed a lot of action. I don't know if it stayed that way, but I thought Hachem was playing the best when it was four and three handed.

MrTrik
07-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Yep, poker in Aussie land will boom, no doubt!

InAPipeDream
07-16-2005, 10:03 AM
True...I would have been PISSED if Dannenman won. He shouldn't have even gotten as far as he did.

MrTrik
07-16-2005, 10:07 AM
When it got down to it, I was rooting for Tex. But Hachem played the best in the 4 handed and down. He deserves the win and I bet he'll make a great champion.

AngryCola
07-16-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can play that scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a matter of playing scared. It seems to me it's just being logical. I'm really not sure what else you think Tex would've called a raise with there. No matter, it's all over now and the debate will be endless about a lot of hands. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'll probably stay away from all the chatter for quite awhile. It gets crazy in the WPT forum.

MrTrik
07-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Time for some sleep man. It was a long night!

kasey2004
07-16-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Time for some sleep man. It was a long night!

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

DougOzzzz
07-16-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
True...I would have been PISSED if Dannenman won. He shouldn't have even gotten as far as he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everyone has been bashing Dannenman, and rightfully so. But I wouldn't have been upset if he won. He seems like an average Joe. I don't think he has any illusions that he is a great poker player. I also thought this was cute:

[ QUOTE ]
Dannenmann is really taking his time here, and he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket to consult. It has a list of handwritten advice: "Have fun. Nothing to lose. Play tight." And it says a few other things I can't see. The camera shows the paper again, and I can also see, "Avoid conflicts with big stacks. Don't raise reraisers."

[/ QUOTE ]

No one with a big ego would ever refer to a piece a paper with very beginner-ish advice while at the WSOP final table. He obviously knew he was lucky to be there, and went in with the goal of "having fun" and hoping for the best. And despite the fact that he was outclassed, he utilized a decent strategy for someone who knows he cannot outplay his opponents.

Degen
07-16-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everyone has been bashing Dannenman, and rightfully so. But I wouldn't have been upset if he won. He seems like an average Joe. I don't think he has any illusions that he is a great poker player. I also thought this was cute:

[ QUOTE ]
Dannenmann is really taking his time here, and he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket to consult. It has a list of handwritten advice: "Have fun. Nothing to lose. Play tight." And it says a few other things I can't see. The camera shows the paper again, and I can also see, "Avoid conflicts with big stacks. Don't raise reraisers."

[/ QUOTE ]

No one with a big ego would ever refer to a piece a paper with very beginner-ish advice while at the WSOP final table. He obviously knew he was lucky to be there, and went in with the goal of "having fun" and hoping for the best. And despite the fact that he was outclassed, he utilized a decent strategy for someone who knows he cannot outplay his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the pleasure of sitting with Dannennman's wife and friends for much of yesterday and tonight, and i think he would have been a great champion. He is about the nicest, happy go lucky guy i have ever met and he has a great personality.

He was also pretty much of a poker doofus lol He kept making jokes about how little he knew about the odds and how he was the only one at the final table who couldn't shuffle chips. He was constantly laughing, presumably about his good fortune, when away from the table.

He would have brought, and hopefully still will bring, a ton of average joe's to the game.

Nottom
07-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Damn, I was fully expecting them to quit for the night soon after I went to bed. Seems like I missed some good commentary.

Guess I was wrong about Hachem seeming like he was just playing to move up in payouts earlier. Good show.

SomethingClever
07-16-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] is really not good for the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh.... you really couldn't be more wrong.

Don't you want people to emulate these donkeys? Of course you do.

kagame
07-16-2005, 12:44 PM
does anyone know where you can download the entire final table commentary?

i was asleep, sick, and would really like to be able to listen to it

thanks!

duma
07-16-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A6 ... man Tex disappointed me /images/graemlins/frown.gif i thought he would have better.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he has seen the power of Ace rag in this tournament and thought it was worth a shot.

duma
07-16-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "Well, I've got the red starburst now."

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "You haven't lived until you've heard Phil rap."

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "You love the Dom."

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "How about I tell you about the logo on the side of my bus?"

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "Dadadandandada PRESSURE. Dadadnandnadada PRESSURE. That's a Queen song, I think."

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "The audience doesn't know I was being sarcastic, but neither does Phil, so that's okay."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot....

"I got a big everything baybee."

jackdaniels
07-16-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know where you can download the entire final table commentary?

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevmath
07-16-2005, 03:50 PM
I've recorded almost all the audio, the problem is it's about 150mb of mp3 (including dead air, commercials, gaps in the commentary when I had to restart the stream). I'll have to whittle it down tomorrow to see what's usuable. I hope Cardplayer would archive it and include reference points for people to listen to.

CrazyEyez
07-16-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "How about I tell you about the logo on the side of my bus?"

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "Dadadandandada PRESSURE. Dadadnandnadada PRESSURE. That's a Queen song, I think."

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif "The audience doesn't know I was being sarcastic, but neither does Phil, so that's okay."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot....

[/ QUOTE ]

"Now action over to Steve Dannenman who fully understands the game."

2+2 wannabe
07-16-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot....

[/ QUOTE ]

"Now action over to Steve Dannenman who fully understands the game."

[/ QUOTE ]

"this is amateur poker hour" (with 5 left)