Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 12:52 AM

Default AA vs. some strange stop and go action

UTG + 1 is bad. Overvalues his hands like no tomorrow.

BB is just wierd. Only been at the table 2 orbits, and have seen him in 75% of pots. He goes to pretty much every showdown as well. Have yet to see him actually show down a winner. That's all the info I have - no real read, I know.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

UTG+1 raises any A or any K preflop. Those are his raising standards.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

UTG + 1's bet means he has a pair. Good for him.

Turn: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

huh on BB? Again, UTG + 1's raise doesn't mean much to me.

River: (16.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero......

Well, that brought in a runner runner draw and paired the board. I'm sure I'm ahead of UTG+1, but unknown on BB. Raise against an unknown, or just call and put the info into storage?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:44 AM

Default Re: AA vs. some strange stop and go action

I like calling here; that's a pretty scary board for AA. Unless I have a read I'm inclined to give BB credit for more than just a pair of tens.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:36 AM

Well no need for raising here, since BB has shown strength betting into two raisers. I'd just call down here and see what BB is holding. I believe your beat though. my guess is pocket pair with a made boat, I dont know just seems weird someone would bet out on a flush draw.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:51 AM

I think I just call. He might be betting a pair on the turn into what he sees as probable overcards, but it seems unlikely that he'd follow through on the river once it's bet and 3-bet behind him. The 3 might have counterfeited his 2-pair, but I'm not sure it's worth raising to find out. Whatever his hand is, his river bet seems to suggest that he likes it quite a bit. I call and make a note for next time if he shows me something strange.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:05 AM

Call. I don't think either Villain is folding and I don't think you're ahead of both.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:27 AM

Raising the river is insane.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:56 PM

Ok good I wanted to make sure I wasn't alone here. I pretty much agree with everyone, and called. I guess my real problem with this hand was my complete innability to put BB on a hand throughout the entire thing. Usually I can at least take a stab at it, but his betting made even less sense than the normal party goer (to me at least) here. In the end, BB flipped up a bad T, UTG + 1 flipped up A9. BB joined the buddy list.