Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Proper hand protection? ATs on an Ace-high monotone flop

Tough hand. I consider this hand to be unprotectable. If a diamond comes you will almost surely lose. Not necessarily to a flush, but you will lose. Usually someone will have a diamond given Button's strong play and Cutoff's persistent calling. [I assume Cutoff will call one bet on the turn. You don't need to raise if he has already clicked Fold.] If Button doesn't have a diamond, what is he doing? He can hear (PFR) and see (the board). What is his diamond-free hand supposed to be that can't beat AT?

I would bet the flop and go into calldown mode when I got raised and just call the turn. I don't want to sink a lot of extra money into a very scary hand.

If the river is a blank I check. The A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is on the board so his hand is not likely to be Ax. You will make more money hoping for a bluff from a missed flush draw than betting into a possible flush.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraising gives the CO 10:2 odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true, he is already in for 1 so it gives him 10:1 to call, therefore it is very likely he will call.

Or am i mistakin? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2004, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checkraising gives the CO 10:2 odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true, he is already in for 1 so it gives him 10:1 to call, therefore it is very likely he will call.

Or am i mistakin? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant checkraising the turn. There are 7 BBs in the pot at the start of the turn: I check, CO checks, button bets (8 BBs), I raise (10 BBs). CO has a 10 BB pot and must call 2 BBs to proceed.

Oh yeah, I don't have the results but from what I remember CO folded, button called. River was some blank; I bet, button called with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the second nuts. I play g00t.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:52 AM

What kind of hand were you trying to protect you're hand from? Any singleton diamond is coming along and any higher ace already has you beat. The way I see it you're either slightly ahead of a good draw, way behind a flush or higher ace, or way ahead of a pocket pair/lower pair.

You don't really need to protect you're hand anymore. This is a tough spot. I'd probobly run the stop n' go and bet the turn and fold to a raise.