Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: KJo UTG

I have learned my lesson with KJo both through experience and from posting a couple hands to this board.

That said I feel that there is a place for the hand in your arsenal. I don't think it should be played from EP. But I think it can be a good situation specifc hand.

If you are in MP (not EMP) and are the first one in or there is just one limper in front of you, I think you can play it. Likewise in late position if there are just a couple limping in front of you and you feel that you can make everyone (yet to act behind you) fold I would go ahead and play it.

My theory on this hand is that in order to be productive it needs to be played with a raise; and you need to be in a situation where people are respecting your raises. The problem of couse is you frequently end up in situations where the only hands that will call you are hands that you are dominated by (pf). But I believe you can still eke out a profit with KJo (at this level anyway...maybe not at higher levels), if you play it in the later positions assertively, and are prepared to run from it if it appears unfavorable.

I am not sure if this is correct thinking but I have also stopped playing it from MP-LP if there are already 3-4 people in. But I do think, if you do not get carried away in overcard situations and you can keep the field to 3 or under, that you can make some money with this hand.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Re: KJo UTG

I'll crosspost my thoughts from another thread.

"Definitely muck that KJ from early position, though.

Play it selectively in LP, such as when you know the flop is going to come KJJ and two other players will be holding rag K's."