Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2004, 08:55 AM

Default KJo UTG

I'n not sure if this has been beaten to death before, if it has then just ignore me.

A lot of the posters here say they muck this hand, I belive that is giving away too much at 0.5/1. You have the horrible players outkicked with a jack, and those who "adjust" to the loose/passive tables by playing Kxs will also give you a few nickles if you dont overplay your hand.

When you get top pair, the pot is usually yours with KJ and no preflop raise. I play it every time at passive 0.5/1 tables, although I do play it carefully.

I'm a bit more inclined to muck it 1/2, depending slightly on the table the players there usually have better preflop selection.

k
Old 07-30-2004, 09:26 AM

Default Re: KJo UTG

Even playing this only from the Button and blinds, and very carefully I might add, KJo is a loser for me through 9k+ hands.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:30 AM

Ok, I dont have poker tracker, so I play more on a "feeling" of which hands are profitable for me.

As such I cannot really say if I make money limping with it, but I do belive I am [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cannot really be bothered to get poker tracker either, maybe if there was a way to get a months worth of hand histories at a time, but getting them in piles of 100 is just bleh.

k
Old 07-30-2004, 09:30 AM

do you limp or raise?
Old 07-30-2004, 09:38 AM

i prefer it in late position since you are often only holding overcards after the flop. KJo isn't a good hand multi-way or out of position, so it helps when you see most of the table act before you do.

these hands demonstrate how I play KJo at the moment:
http://tinyurl.com/5238u

http://tinyurl.com/6v3cs
Old 07-30-2004, 11:03 AM

I always limp with KJ from an early position (exceptions found in late stages of NL tournaments but thats about it).

k
Old 07-30-2004, 11:21 AM

I have 221 instances of K-Jo in Pokertracker. Of these I've only had it utg in a 10 handed game (when less than fullhanded I can't tell when its been utg without pulling up all the hand histories) a grand total of seven times.

I limped once and folded after the flop. Not much of a sample.

--Zetack

Edit: I have far fewer hands seven off the button, not a blind, than any other position-- the next fewest hands at a postion has over a thousand hands more hands. Since I prefer ten handed games, I guess there's a person sitting out or gone much more frequently than I ever realized.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:15 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I dont have poker tracker, so I play more on a "feeling" of which hands are profitable for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge cop out. Long before pokertracker many books already analyzed KJo. Many of the stuff written were by much better players than you probably are. Ya think they may be on to something?

[ QUOTE ]
As such I cannot really say if I make money limping with it, but I do belive I am

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you are. Based on the above, you haven't the experience or knowledge to really lay any claim to this.

I cannot think of any texture of table that i would limp with this in EP. None.

good luck.

b
Old 07-30-2004, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As such I cannot really say if I make money limping with it, but I do belive I am [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love to hear people say this -- this is why poker continues to be profitable.

I have a friend at work who only plays 30/60 on-line. He says he doesn't keep records, but he's sure he's doing well -- he remembers dragging some really big pots. When I asked him about his strategy, he said that he only likes to play hands that have a face card (except for Jacks -- Jacks are "bad"), and he doesn't fool around with all that "pot odds stuff."

An extreme example, yes, but just goest to show that going on hunches doesn't work to track long-term results.

[ QUOTE ]
Cannot really be bothered to get poker tracker either, maybe if there was a way to get a months worth of hand histories at a time, but getting them in piles of 100 is just bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care how you get them if PT gets them for you? I never even see mine. I start PT and PP, log in to PP, crank up the requestor, and start playing. At the end of the session, I toggle to PT, shut off the requestor and hit check e-mail. PT sucks 'em in and I'm done.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:48 PM

I do agree that it plays much better at .50/1 because of people playing crap Kings, BUT with that said. I still hate it and fold it UTG and EP.