Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Battling the monkies

I was hoping, Andy, hoping.

You have just piled glass onto my shattered dreams.

-Michael
Old 06-29-2004, 10:45 AM

Unfortunately, playing at Canterbury Park, I have a choice between playing my third-best game at whatever limit I think I can afford that day, and playing $3/6 stud. I choose the former, and lately I ain't running so good, which has me somewhat perplexed. Playing my worst game, Omaha/8, at the $20/40 level is sometimes an option when I'm pumped up, but they changed the game from Tuesday to Monday, and I have a permanent conflict on Mondays.

I sometimes think I'm a better poster than I am a player. Not that I think I'm Ray Zee or Tommy Angelo in either department.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:37 AM

Obviously you need to reread my post carefully CJ..lol..I never said I ALWAYS call with naked aces on 5th; I said that multiway I check them unimproved and usually call "depending on the boards present, the liveness of my cards and the action before it gets back to me; And if you want PROOF that aces do better statistically against many opponents check out Konstantine Othmers comprehensive statistical work on seven card stud(the best out there) and u will find that what I say is correct..I'd be more than happy to give you the page number if you like....
Old 06-30-2004, 06:06 PM

Unless there are scary boards out there, you should probably bet unimproved Aces on fifth street most of the time. There is a good chance that your hand is still best, and fifth street is when people start folding.