Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Deposit Bonus -- up to $150

Good info, MicroBob. Just one point to add: if it's true that it would take 6-8 months or whatever to clear the max bonus playing 50¢/$1, and you don't want to wait that long, then don't go for the max bonus. Just deposit $200 (for example) so that the bonus amount would be $50, which will be released after you've earned 250 FPP.

And just to re-emphasize: you have an unlimited amount of time in which to clear the bonus. Your money is not tied up while you are clearing the bonus; you are free to withdraw it at any time and that will not affect your pending bonus.

Deposit deadline for this bonus is Monday night (June 7, 2004) at 11:59 EDT.

Terms and conditions are on this web page:

http://www.pokerstars.com/depositbonus25.html
Old 06-04-2004, 02:20 AM

Also, in case anyone was wondering, you get to keep the FPP you earn while qualifying for the bonus. They can be used to enter certain tournaments, or to order stuff like poker books and PokerStars clothing.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:55 AM

Play 3 or 4 $2-4 LHE Speed
or Regular 6MAX's and you will burn it off in 2 hardy sessions totaling 12-13 playing hours.At $3-6 6MAX you can do it in as low as 8 hours depending on how many tables you can multi-table.

btw PS short games are much easier than full games at the same stakes if you play well in both short and full games.Most of the full games are rockfests.Look for 6MAX pot averges of a minimum 6 big bets.Sometimes the 6MAX's can also be tight w/lame 4-5.50 bb average pots-try to avoid these games.

Also PS NLHE are tight but alot of players play bad post-flop even eith the small pot averages.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:56 AM

Played off $150 (750 ffp) in about 1600 hands of mostly 2/4 and some 3/6 today. 3 tables, 6 max maybe 300 hands total in turbo mode(bout 6 hrs total play). First time playing Stars ring. Didn't think it was a tough as UB, and of course much tougher then Party/Empire. More bluffing then any game I have been in.

You do have to wait 48 hours before withdrawal (I deposited today, rules are 48 hrs for deposit to process before withdrawal)

Stars is slowest to process withdrawals so $$ won't be back in netteller for probably 5 days.

Anyone notice you gotta click your mouse 2 or 3 times when multitabling at Stars? My mouse/nose finger is killin me!

hey....hey......be careful out there
Old 06-04-2004, 04:13 AM

no...you cannot do this.
you cannot 'clear the bonus with the bonus'.
[ QUOTE ]
wow. that is a good value. if i deposit, and withdraw to keep only the bonus in there, is it treated like cash, but i can't withdraw it yet? in other words, can i just use the bonus to clear the bonus? thanks for the heads-up on this the bonus!

[/ QUOTE ]

the bonus-money doesn't hit your account until AFTER you get the required number of FPP's...so in order to get that bonus you're going to have to have SOME money in your account.

not sure why simon said it was possible to do this...perhaps he misunderstood the question.

he corrected me on an FPP-issue earlier in this thread so i know my credibility may be iffy.....however, i assure you that i actually am correct in this matter.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 AM

Anyone notice you gotta click your mouse 2 or 3 times when multitabling at Stars? My mouse/nose finger is killin me!

Yes it becomes very tiresome and gets painful.I always play 3 or 4 and every time I play more than 2 it happens.6 hours is really fast especially that this bonus is an exra 150 FPP's.They must have been good games [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 09:16 AM

Well, you guys sucked me in. Maybe the most profitable way to earn on Stars will be the next KotZ event. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And IMHO, their ring games are not worth the effort even with a $150 bonus. They're generally very tight, very frequently with under 20% seeing the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

under 20 percent and very tight? I don't really believe this I play on pokerstars all the time.

Super Aggressive players is a better desciption.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:23 AM

I played two $1/2 tables last night for about 4.5 hours. The table flop percent (according to poker tracker) was 29.7%.

By the way, I played about 510 hands and earned 181 fpp. Going rate at the $1/2 limit is about 1 fpp for every 3 hands.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2)that the games are not so tough that it is not worth clearing a bonus here?

It depends what you play there. From what I heard, their tourneys are quite good in that there are plenty of fish. But I don't play tourneys, so I only know about the ring games. And IMHO, their ring games are not worth the effort even with a $150 bonus. They're generally very tight, very frequently with under 20% seeing the flop. I'll take Party anyday even without a bonus.

This has probably been discussed before, but I would like more opinions on this issue. I would be playing .5/1 and it looks like the real fish may be playing at .25/.5 and below. Is the bonus worth the attempt or stick to Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play .5-1 and 1-2 on Stars and over the last month I would say %30 is about the average. The games may be easier at Party but Stars is definately beatable. IMO the bonus is woth it.

Bubbagump