Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Party 30/60, mixing up my play.

I had a hand very similar to this yesterday with KK. Preflop action was the same, only I led on the flop so he'd raise (which he did) and I just called. I led on turn again so he'd raise (which he did) and I 3 bet. Got an extra small bet out of him this way.

Since raise the flop with overcards has become rather common, I see a lot of people leading again on the turn with a piece of the board after a preflop raiser raises flop (on a raggedly board). Preflop raisers now are more likely to raise the turn again (assuming they have more than just overcards) knowing that opponents who are betting into them a second time on the turn didn't necessarily improve their hand. Not a new concept, but one that I am seeing much more often as of last few months. Instead of the checkraise, you can go for the bet-reraise and pick up an extra big one on the turn in many situations simiilar to this.

j.k.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:42 PM

Default Cracker, you have no standing . . .

You've never played a hand of 30-60 Texas Hold Em in your entire life.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Cracker, you have no standing . . .

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so by extension i should never comment on a 100-200 hand or 50-100 hand because the concepts i learned playing 15-30 20-40 clearly just don't apply in those games. and because i've never played a hand there i must therefore have no leg to stand on in presenting arguments for alternate strategies in those games.

go pick on somebody who ISNT a good player. cracker is and you should stick to the facts and not pick on players who haven't played as high as you have...you are the reason people lose their bankrolls at higher limits than they should be playing...just so they can say they play at those limits...get over yourself.

thats the best advice you can ever get. "GET OVER YOURSELF"
-Barron
Old 06-03-2004, 03:19 PM

Default holy smokes, dcifer

could you be wound any tighter? it was meant as a joke.
get a life, jerk. Better yet, come play me heads-up.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: holy smokes, dcifer

instead of avoiding the difficult situations you repeatedly put down others this is very common in people with sub par ability and intellect.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:31 PM

Once again you are incorrect.

Now either cease being an idiot troll or respond to one of my PMs. I offered to meet you at Turning Stone this weekend. You did not respond. I offered to play you heads up on Party/Stars/UB. You did not respond. I realize you would probably struggled to beat a 2-4 game based on your play and analysis in this post, and are rightfully afraid of me. So go quietly into the night, there is a 1-3 HE game at Turning Stone with a seat for you.

I guess I shouldn't expect much else from an inbred tard from Canandaigua. A town so poverty stricken they have a high school hockey team with an outdoor rink. There once was an inflatable roof, but it popped and blew away. Too bad there aren't government-issued stamps for such items.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:19 PM

TSP done got pwned! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Very amusing read...
Old 06-03-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: holy smokes, dcifer

[ QUOTE ]
could you be wound any tighter? it was meant as a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on your posts with cracker its hard for me to take this as a joke:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the joke? whats the punchline? i'm at a loss.

[ QUOTE ]

get a life, jerk. Better yet, come play me heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have an ego problem in poker, no need to play you heads up. i can see from your problem with cracker that you don't reply to honest challanges anyway. i'm sure he'd love to play you heads up and you're free to take him on...good luck to you. i think you may need it.

in any case it seems you don't bring anything constructive to this forum and i haven't seen one thought out post by you...until then i refuse to communicate with you.

-END COMMUNICATION-

-Barron
Old 06-03-2004, 05:58 PM

That link you provided was hilarious. He plays horribly on every street(even game selection!??). Then he proceeds to say online poker is rigged and will never play again. His next post says he is up 500 BBs on party poker. His next post says the same exact thing. And now he wants Zack or Dcfrths heads up? Oh baby. This will be the best thing since the Ulysses vs. Mensa heavyweight match. Book it on the same night as SobeDude vs. snakehead.
-James
Old 06-03-2004, 06:22 PM

James,

i've ended communication with TSP and really hope you all do the same...he's provided nothing of value to this forum and obviously has tilt/emotional/ego problems. i hope zack plays him heads up and rapes him so he'll be quiet OR, better yet, finally be humbled and start adding value to the forum he CHOSE himself to join. i don't play for ego. i have no need to play him. i think zack might want to for fun so i mean no slight to him by explaining my choices...anyway i think he knows i wish him nothing but the best as we have played in some great party 15/30 games together and both benefit from each other's presence.

i'm sure the same would be true for you james, so take care and again, best of luck to you at the borg.

-Barron