Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Chris Moneymaker Blew all his winnings from last year\'s WSOP

It was definitely Moneymaker. I'll never forget it because Elvis was also in the game.
Uh, Daryn, I hope you realize I was kidding. Elvis doesn't play holdem.

Hilarious
Old 05-22-2004, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right, this is what i never get. personally i think the idea that he blew his money is totally bogus, but let's say hypothetically he did blow it all the rver next day.

who cares?!

[/ QUOTE ]

His accountant, wife, family...other than that, it's his money, let him do with it as he wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, MM is an accountant himself.
Regardless of his right to do blow his money, in no way can I beleive the story of him blowing all but 1/2 milllion. He sold 1/2 of his seat to his father in law (I think I have that right) so only 1/2 of the money was his anyway, he was in debt going to Vegas, and surely had house/kids/wifeywife things to spend his money on. A fully mature guy, who is an accountant, gennerally won't blow his cash without thinking about it.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right, this is what i never get. personally i think the idea that he blew his money is totally bogus, but let's say hypothetically he did blow it all the rver next day.

who cares?!

[/ QUOTE ]

His accountant, wife, family...other than that, it's his money, let him do with it as he wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, MM is an accountant himself.
Regardless of his right to do blow his money, in no way can I beleive the story of him blowing all but 1/2 milllion. He sold 1/2 of his seat to his father in law (I think I have that right) so only 1/2 of the money was his anyway, he was in debt going to Vegas, and surely had house/kids/wifeywife things to spend his money on. A fully mature guy, who is an accountant, gennerally won't blow his cash without thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I believe he has even stated he sold 20% of himself last year.

Second; I spoke with him the day before he left for vegas this year for wsop. He has been playing in Tunica. PLO, tournaments, (a business venture he is involved in), and 20-40 HE. The only 20-40 game in Tunica is at the Horseshoe. I work there. When I saw him jump in the 20-40 game, I immediatley asked to get out of the lineup so I could play 20-40, which I rarely do as I dont have 40k BR. But with the game of loose gooses, lack of regular 20-40 players and his loose play this is a game to jump into. I should shut up now tho as I am sure this kind of thing gets back to him. And we want him to continue playing in Tunica.

LOL btw, saw him raise with 8-3o, flop a pair, turn 2 pr, river the house. wow. Ni Han.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elvis doesn't play holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true!!!
everyone knows that Elvis prefers Omaha 8/b.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:26 PM

let's say hypothetically he did blow it all the rver next day.

Then he would have something in common with several WSOP champions, not the least of which is Stu Ungar.