Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Not sure how I played this flop

Yeah, I just needed to be ripped apart for my weak flop play. Thanx guys
Old 05-18-2004, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He could very easily end up with a draw on the turn and not even have the pot odds to call it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then he can fold. But I agree with the others that the pf limp here is fine. I think you are missing out on some money if you fold 7-8s on the button with two limpers and no raise.

How many opponents would it take for you to play this for one SB with position?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:09 PM

78s play best multiway, sure, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable against 2 players that limped from middle position or later. As me13546231 said, it's a textbook limp. The BB will make it 3, the SB who is very likely to call given the blind structure, will make it 4. Well enough to play 89s with excellent position in a passive game.

34s? I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or honestly just curious, so I'll leave my sarcastic reply out. The only times I play 34s is when I get a free ride in the BB, I close the action multiway in the BB (requires quite a few cold-callers, which doesn't happen that often), completing in the SB in a 1/2 or better blind structure game. I generally never played suited connectors below 56.

Regarding the cutoff. I have 78s/89s as my personal cutoff, and I'd often fold 78s depending on how much information I have about the table and players. But on a passive table, it's playable for sure.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:17 PM

You know better than folding that flop. I assume that you were a quite unsure about your fold even before your say the turn card?

I think I'd 3-bet that flop actually. Even if both SB and UTG folds you're still making money. 1.9:1 shot to make your flush. If UTG tags along, great.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Why play this had at all?

The reason you would play 78 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is that you are hoping to get a flush, not hoping for a straight flush. Once two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hit the board you have a chance for a flush. The added advantage is that two of the higher hearts that you might worry about are now gone. If you fold after this flop, then don't play it to begin with!
Old 05-18-2004, 02:51 PM

I know I should have called at the very least. I've been going through a long loosing streak and its been screwing w/my head. It seems every time I hit a flush, someone else hits a bigger one. I just needed someone to remind me how weak I was.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:16 PM

I know the feeling. And I'm sure you know the best cure for that one. Take a break. Move down a limit or two, to a limit where the money doesn't matter as much. Force yourself to play aggressively, win a few pots, get your confidence back, then move up and slaughter the games again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]