Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Party Affiliate Program, trying to scrw me?

From the Party Affliliate T&C:
[ QUOTE ]
5.3 Termination By Us. We may terminate this Agreement, with or without cause, upon thirty (30) days written notice to you. Further, we may terminate this Agreement immediately, without notice, in the following events:

a. You materially breach this Agreement and do not cure within fifteen (15) days of notice to cure.
b. The total cumulative balance of Affiliate Fees due to you is less than $50 for three (3) consecutive months; and
c. We determine, in our reasonable discretion, that you knowingly benefited from Fraud Traffic as set forth in Section 2.8 herein.
d. The total number of new Players introduced by you in a sixtyday period is less than 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does not seem fair but is within their rules. They can terminate affliliate agreements at any time for any reason. They may also change any and all of the terms of this agreement:

[ QUOTE ]
8.11 Modification. We may modify any of the terms of this Agreement at any time, in our sole discretion, by either (i) E-mailing you a change notice or (ii) by posting the new version of the Agreement on our Website. It is your responsibility to visit the Website frequently to make sure you are up to date with the latest version of the Agreement and its provisions. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE AFFLIATE PROGRAM FOLLOWING POSTING OR NOTICE OF CHANGE WILL BE DEEMED BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFICATION.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-02-2004, 01:17 AM

so much for the "Life of the account"

what bs...

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 01:23 AM

no wonder the affiliates spam everyone, theres no way, unless your a big site, to maintian getting people to join up.

They essesntially encourage spam and whoring.

so much for trying to take the high road...........

Old 04-02-2004, 02:28 AM

he signed up underneath himself..that is agaisnt the affiliate agreement
Old 04-02-2004, 02:34 AM

Default NO YOU ARE FINE

Just because you get terminated does not mean that you will not receive the rake. There is another provision in the agreement that states if you are terminated you will still be paid your rake. Also, if you quit the program..you will receive your rake. The only way that you can lose it is if you were conducting "fraud traffic". So...You will still get your money...even though you may not be able to view it through their online website. But I would not mention that you have signed-up yourself - that could be "fraud traffic" in kunalakabutwally's eyes.

Bubs
Old 04-02-2004, 10:17 PM

Let us know how this guy responds to you. I am baffled that no one else seems to care that this has happened. I suspect that if it were there affiliate accounts that were gone, they would feel different. Although if you are signed up under your own account that is pretty blatent, that was not the reason that was given for ending your account. I have a friend who is an affiliate, and I don't think he has signed up anyone new for a little while. If they cancelled his account I think I would just take my business elsewhere. You can't have a program that lets people recruit others to your site and then just decide to cancel it. Well, actually I know that they can because of the agreement. It may be legal, but that does not make it right. imho
Old 04-02-2004, 10:22 PM

Default Re: NO YOU ARE FINE

Bubmack,

You are saying that he will still get the rake from the players that he recruited? So nothing changes, except he can not recruit new people? That shouldn't really have much of an affect on a small affiliate. I don't really see why they would bother closing the account though, if they were still going to pay him.

Would you clarify that I have read your post correctly? It is clear but this just seems odd to me. Also, do you know this for sure? Thanks
Old 04-03-2004, 10:34 AM

Default Re: NO YOU ARE FINE

Yes that is what I am saying. At least that is what happened to me. I actually had my affiliate relationship terminated about 8 months ago...through a miscommunication...well long story short....I am an affiliate again. However, the two months that I was out of the program I was still receiviing checks...but I just had no way to check my statistics....so I had to wait for the email to arrive at the end of the month.

Bubs