Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 2+2 hand 1: Jay! and I play chicken

[ QUOTE ]

#3) There was some ego at work here, as can be expected when 2+2ers get together at a small buy-in table. What are you going to post about later, that smart laydown you made when you got caught stealing, or the wicked re-re-bluff you put on a fellow poster?
#4) We were having fun, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasons 3 and 4 are fine. A couple of friends were over at my house the other night after a long night of drinking. Somehow, we ended up playing some poker. After 99 and AK raised and re-raised pre-flop, AQo went all-in for $200. Both 99 and AK called and 99 took it down. That hand went down like that because everyone involved was incoherently drunk and screwing around and everyone knew that. It was fun, it was ego-filled, but it didn't have too much to do with poker. I agree, nothing wrong with that, but everyone should understand that's what's going on - especially people trying to improve their game.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was Felson's play bad? They got into a psychological battle, and Felson won. He made a play at it to start with, then Jay! replayed him, and Felson read him for this and then Felson REPLAYED Jay! and won. Seems like Felson played it strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?
Old 02-29-2004, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Felson made a play on the button, don't see anything wrong with that. Jay raised and then Felson read Jay for a weak hand and reraised, Jay called, and then Felson went with his read and pushed in on the flop, and won.

danny
Old 03-01-2004, 12:11 AM

Default money vs ego

you guys need to play for more $, since there is no way to reduce the amount of ego at stake
Old 03-01-2004, 12:29 AM

Default Re: money vs ego

I agree. We should have the next game be at the 25/50 UB table.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:59 AM

Putting 40% of your chips in w/ J2s as a resteal giving your opponent almost 3:1 to call $11 w/ another $26 behind and then pushing on an airball flop vs. someone who is likely to call w/ very little - that's not a winning strategy.