FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: TruePoker Replay Tourney: A Proposal

Thank you for your effort MrTrueman
Old 02-20-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: A Bounty Proposal on TrueCEO

assuming someone does.

What you trying to say, you wont pay any bounties if you win? LOL

That would go down well - I'm pretty sure you'd have to run another comp with yet more free money to appease the hoards here.

I wish my pockets were as bottomless as yours. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 02-20-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: TruePoker Replay Tourney Resolution

"It seems obvious that "work" of forming the leaderboard and chipcount at the break (which I have been repeatedly asking for) is too much strain on the limited resources of True."

Our original proposal was to rerun the whole thing for free. The subsequent $ .0X per chip proposal was not tabled by True. We have the information for the chips held at the break. The issue became rather, could we set up a replay tourney using those chip counts .... The answer is no. Could we have paid $.0X per chip held at the break, yes, but were advised that would not be accepted. (There were some emails exchanged, this did not lie for a full 2 weeks.) So, the proposal we went with from discussions was to give the 4 players who prevailed at the orphaned tables something extra and divide up a comnpensation package for those who found themselves playing a radically different structure than expected after the break.

It was not a matter of what we could or would do, rather what we gathered from our discussions would be broadly accepted as a fair way to make amends.

In sum, each player who entered got at least his refund. The 30 players at the break also got another $40 each, plus the four table finishers got $140 each. All the "equity" at the break was distributed in a less than Solomonic fashion perhaps.

Truepoker CEO
Old 02-20-2004, 02:55 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

that is totally acceptable by me, and i would think most here so thanks for the generosity. i was just getting crabby from the lack of communication. when things fell silent for so long, i figured you were just writing the whole thing off. i am glad to FINALLY hear something concrete from your organization. now let's just get back to some old fashioned fun playing poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In sum, each player who entered got at least his refund. The 30 players at the break also got another $40 each,

[/ QUOTE ]

When will this $40 be payed? I was in at break and have yet to receive my $40 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

cubs
Old 02-20-2004, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When will this $40 be payed? I was in at break and have yet to receive my $40 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The comps are being paid today.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly cubswin

Holy $hit, I'm an addict !
Old 02-20-2004, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$50 bounty and I'll be there as TrueCEO..... plus a $50 bounty will be placed on whoever knocks me out, assuming someone does.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Sport [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am hereby placing a 20$ bounty on myself to whomever knocks me out before I am in the money.

William thought it was a bad thing having a bounty on ones head, but I find that I win those tournaments more often than not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, do any sites offer tourneys with bounties on all players?
Old 02-20-2004, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$50 bounty and I'll be there as TrueCEO..... plus a $50 bounty will be placed on whoever knocks me out, assuming someone does.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Sport [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am hereby placing a 20$ bounty on myself to whomever knocks me out before I am in the money.

William thought it was a bad thing having a bounty on ones head, but I find that I win those tournaments more often than not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, do any sites offer tourneys with bounties on all players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Dynamite Poker has tournaments with bounties on all players.