Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 07:53 PM

Default TruePoker Replay Tourney: A Proposal

I understand that my inattentiveness to the forums has resulted in a public pillory of our company. (I did get emails from Mike Haven, but was remiss in responding, except to post the Replay Tourney.) I apologize.

Our original intent was to simply refund all the fees and buy-ins from the first toruney and rerun one entirely for free. That was not well received, from what I understand. A second proposal was viewed as too heavily tilted to favor the 4 players who finished first at each table. I understand why the other players remaining at the break might have objected.

The issue we faced was that, although we could likely reconstruct where players stood, we had no way to re-assign each remaining player a proper number of chips to simply re-start a tournament part way through. (Ironically, except for a human error in trying to fix the frozen tourney issue on the spot, the original tourney could have been re0started immediately. We have taken steps to brief everyone here on what went wrong and the simple steps to recover and restart a stopped toruney, should such a thing recur.)

So, in my haste we immediately refunded all fees and buy-ins from the aborted tourney, the day it happened. I thought a free tourney for the remaining players would work out, but was told that was not the best way or fair to the eventual table winners.

So, to make amends to the players from that first fiasco,

1. We have posted a ZOO SS Replay Tourney for February 26, as suggested, with the standing offer of $10 rebates and covering bonuses for up to 10 "last longer" bets.

2. We propose to pay the four original "table winners" $140 each ($560 total).

3. We propose to divide another $ 1200 among the other 30 players we show at the break in the original tourney. This works out to $40.00 each.

( If anyone paid off last longer bets from the first toruney, then we will cover those bonuses as well.)

Again, I apologize and put forth this modest proposal of $1,760 + another potential $1,200 in rebates to show my contrition.

Please feel free to post here as to whether you think this proposal is a fair way to make amends and to constructively address any issues.

David Gzesh, Truepoker CEO
Old 02-16-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: TruePoker Replay Tourney: A Proposal

Sounds pretty generous to me, although I'd rather distribute all money between people at the break according to chip stack sizes. n1stunnor clearly deserves more money than whoever won the coin-flipping contest ( no offense meant to anybody ).
Old 02-16-2004, 08:10 PM

Despite the fact that I now fall into the category of "feeling hardest done by" (5th place), I think this is about as fair as it is going to get.

Given that I can't see a fairer solution, my vote would be that this should be agreeable.

Those in the same position as me, and those who had large stacks at the break should see that there were so many differing factors in this tourney that finding something to suit everyone is virtually impossible, especially as it turned out that many short stacked at the break ended up playing the most time in many cases.

Lori
Old 02-16-2004, 08:11 PM

n1stunnor clearly deserves more money than whoever won the coin-flipping contest

The problem with this is that we spent an hour flipping the coins.

Lori
Old 02-16-2004, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While it is a valid point, I stand by my opinion. If I'm in the minority I will gladly take whatever is given to me.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:24 PM

This sounds like a fair solution to me.

As for the new tournament, do we have to re-earn the $10 rebate, or do hands played leading up to the original tournament count towards the rebate?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:36 PM

I'm content with this solution, when do I get the money on my account, so I can make 1000 and cashout or go bust? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 09:29 PM

sold [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While it is a valid point, I stand by my opinion. If I'm in the minority I will gladly take whatever is given to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for this solution as it reads, although am somewhat agreeable with your opionon DrSavage. Not enough to pose any objections to this proposal, however.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

at this point whatever........i had written you off as i assumed you had done to us. anything you offer is better than nothing, i do feel a tad slighted as i was somewhere between 4th-7th place at the break, but you obviously can't appease us all. i do however, feel strongly that i receive a $10 rebate for the 100 hands i played for the original tournament, and don't feel that i should have to fulfill this requirement again.