Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: You could....

[ QUOTE ]
Been playing for a while on Party, Empire, etc. and am tired of paying thousands of dollars in rake more than other players. I decided to sign up either friends or family and play with their accounts but wanted to get advice before doing this.

What precautions do I need to take before creating these accounts? I plan on signing up with a different ISP using a different computer from the one I play on currently, but when I start playing I'll be using the same ISP I was with my old accounts (although I don't have a static IP and I'll probably swap out the NIC I'm using to get a different MAC address). Is there anything else I'm overlooking? Also, does Party, Empire, or Intertops have anything against signing up immediate family (with the same last name)? I don't want to email them directly about it so I can at least feign ignorance if worse comes to worse.

I want to be 100% sure there aren't any problems like my accounts getting closed as this is my only form of income, thus the somewhat paranoid precautions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
open account w/ affiliate at another site ub/stars if u dont have accounts there yet.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:50 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Questions about Party affiliate programs

[ QUOTE ]
The plan was to sign up friends/family as players, me being the affiliate and getting the kickback directly from Party or whoever, them cashing out winnings, and then sending the winnings to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm a little confused. they're going to sign up under you, play, and give you the money that they win?
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if receiving a kickback from affiliates has the same kind of legal implications as being an affiliate yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]
it's possible, but i highly doubt it. it's not actually profit sharing with the house, it's a rebate on your own money. receiving a kickback does not make you a promoter, and promoters (as well as the house themselves) are the people that the law does not want around.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The plan was to sign up friends/family as players, me being the affiliate and getting the kickback directly from Party or whoever, them cashing out winnings, and then sending the winnings to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm a little confused. they're going to sign up under you, play, and give you the money that they win?

[/ QUOTE ]

the way i understand, the two options are creating an account under a family member's name for the sole person of them being my affiliate, creating my own account that i plan on using for my own play, and having them send me the affiliate $ that they earn. the other option would be using the account i already have as an affiliate, creating a new account for a family member, then logging in with that account and playing as i normally do with that account. the cashouts would go to their bank account and the affiliate $ would go directly to me. in my earlier posts i was referring to the 2nd method.

as far as any legal implications for affiliates, as long as you're not publicly promoting yourself, and using it only to get your own rake refunded, it seems highly unlikely that anything would ever come of it. considering the only people that would know about it are the irs at tax time, and they can't share this information with anyone else, it seems pretty safe imo. although i'd rather get a kickback from someone else and have them take their cut than worry about it for a few hundred bucks.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:24 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

method 2 (sign up family/friends under yourself and play on their accounts) seems too onerous tax-wise.

although i'd rather get a kickback from someone else and have them take their cut than worry about it for a few hundred bucks.

this is my perspective as well. i'm not going to split hairs over it when i'm already losing literally thousands per month in rake because i'm presently playing on a non-affiliated account. i'd rather know i'm not putting anyone unwitting/undeserving in potential jeopardy, however remote the possibility.