Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Questions about Party affiliate programs

Been playing for a while on Party, Empire, etc. and am tired of paying thousands of dollars in rake more than other players. I decided to sign up either friends or family and play with their accounts but wanted to get advice before doing this.

What precautions do I need to take before creating these accounts? I plan on signing up with a different ISP using a different computer from the one I play on currently, but when I start playing I'll be using the same ISP I was with my old accounts (although I don't have a static IP and I'll probably swap out the NIC I'm using to get a different MAC address). Is there anything else I'm overlooking? Also, does Party, Empire, or Intertops have anything against signing up immediate family (with the same last name)? I don't want to email them directly about it so I can at least feign ignorance if worse comes to worse.

I want to be 100% sure there aren't any problems like my accounts getting closed as this is my only form of income, thus the somewhat paranoid precautions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:00 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Questions about Party affiliate programs

hello t [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

read this: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

i would strongly suggest not doing it under friends/family for those reasons. it puts them at risk (described in the referenced url), and as you mentioned it puts you at risk in the (albeit unlikely) chance that they discover you're actually affiliating for yourself by proxy.

i don't think the separate pc/isp thing is a necessary step. i would find somebody that is already affiliating (and thus accepting the risks, aware or not) that will grant you a large % on your return. the % should be negotiable by presenting records of how often you play. sign up under multipoker, coralpoker, or intertopspoker as you already have party/empire accounts.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:16 PM

Not sure if I should take the advice of a complete stranger or not [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!!!11

If I did sign up friends/family through me as an affiliate, the only risk for them would be as a player, correct? I planned giving the person a rundown about tax consequences at the end of the year, and give them a cut for their trouble (along with the $ to cover the cost of the added tax burden).

Ideally I'd love to open accounts in my name through affiliates that give me a cut, whatever the size. But I don't see how it would be possible given that I have a Party, Empire, and Intertops account, and Multi and Coral don't seem to have affiliate programs with rake kickbacks.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:26 PM

If I decided instead to sign up friends/family using someone else as an affiliate, to avoid the legal issue and any connection with my current accounts, what kind of % are people getting back for high volume play (say playing 6 full tables for 7 hours daily)?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:29 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

the risk for them would be that they are probably similar to a bookie in the law's eyes. this would mean violation of the federal wire act and/or their own state laws which relate to the promotion of or relationship with offshore gambling. the fact that they get a cut of the house's take associates them as being a part of the house, and the affiliate program exists for the purpose of promotion. this is in addition to the tax issues (receiving income and gifting it back out) that you mentioned.

as for whether or not coral/multi have affil programs, that was an assumption of mine since they fall under the iglobalmedia umbrella. email them from a hotmail account and report back the results here?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:31 PM

i would only settle for a 2.5/25% (10%/100% of the amount received) in your shoes.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:35 PM

Intertops has rake kickback...
http://www.intertopspoker.com/affiliates/index.html
20% at the lowest level.

PM me to discuss further.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:41 PM

http://www.multipoker.com/affiliates/

coralpoker doesn't have a /affiliates/ subdirectory, but their site org is pretty different in general due to their variety of offerings.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:22 PM

There is a difference between a subaffiliate who gets money from his own referrals...as compared to getting money returned from his own play...his own play is what most people think of for rebates.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the risk for them would be that they are probably similar to a bookie in the law's eyes. this would mean violation of the federal wire act and/or their own state laws which relate to the promotion of or relationship with offshore gambling. the fact that they get a cut of the house's take associates them as being a part of the house, and the affiliate program exists for the purpose of promotion. this is in addition to the tax issues (receiving income and gifting it back out) that you mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

The plan was to sign up friends/family as players, me being the affiliate and getting the kickback directly from Party or whoever, them cashing out winnings, and then sending the winnings to me. When you mentioned "bookie in the law's eyes.", "violation of federal wire act", etc., were you referring to this or did you think I was signing up myself with them as the affiliate? Does anyone know if receiving a kickback from affiliates has the same kind of legal implications as being an affiliate yourself?

I decided to try and sign up my wife with two of the Party skins, using one of the 2+2 affiliates. Any recommendations, astro?

I looked for info about multi and apparently they only offer a one time bonus for referrals. I emailed coral and have yet to hear back.