Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 04:35 PM

Default .....

Lucky for me, I have no problems meeting ladies.

I almost titled my reply "ha!" but it occurred to me that you might think I was laughing at your misfortune, which isn't my intention. I just find that line extremely funny for some reason. As for when to tell them, you could try never...just slip in to the house in the middle of the night with a wad of money, if she asks where you've been act all twitchy and uncomfortable and change the subject, see how that goes over.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: .....

I think the "problem" isn't poker; it's the girlfriend's unreasonable need for control.

This is a bargain I've never been willing to make to stay in a relationship. Someone who demands that I stop doing something I like isn't someone I want to be with.

Thank God I have a husband who, though he has no interest in poker, not only tolerates but supports my poker playing. In return, though I care nothing for 19th-century labor history, I support his devoting much of his free time to that subject.

Anyway, I advise bringing up poker early in the future.

Mothers, of course, are hopeless. But girlfriends you choose.

Old 01-30-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Mike, she made off with your sheets

I make it as clear as possible as quickly as possible certain things...like my efficency, my kinky tendencies [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and my desire to play poker - better they find out early then later....

primo example...a girl I dated in Dec came over and we watched Rounders...at the end, she commented that it was a sad ending....to which I replied...well, yah, sad cause they didn't get back together..."

and she goes "No, sad cause he still felt like he had to go to Vegas and gamble" -

at that point, I knew this wasn't gonna work, and I wasn't gonna push for it to work...she'd never understand -

NOW, if you're winning when they meet you, you'd be surprised how proud they are of you...but if you start losing..."tsk, tsk...maybe you should quit for awhile"

bummer that an 18 month relationship has problems, but shoot...if you're like me, you don't play golf, you don't worry about televisized sports, you always have time for the woman...and Poker is one of your main hobbies so you don't become a codependant freak..... - it seems unreasonable for someone to ask you to give it up after 18 months, fer cryin' out loud...

let us know how it goes, dude

RB
Old 02-01-2004, 04:37 PM

Skip the other stuff. I want to know about the KINKY! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 10:53 PM

This is actually not thingdo. This is his girlfriend. I read your post, and all of the replies, and I agree that it is a must that you share the things most important to you at the beginning. But, you must be aware that while quite a few girls will initially convey that they aprove of poker, roughly half of those same girls will later decide that they were NEVER really okay with it. Proper comunication, on both sides, makes for a much less complicated relationship. Unfortunately, there is not a great deal you can do this time around, other than choose which is more important to you, poker or the chic.

Personally, I definitely approve. I play with my boyfriend in at least two games per week. And if he occasionally doesn't have the cash, I'll pay for us to play. Perhaps you could find a chic who digs poker, and ALSO views it as a game of skill.

anyway, good luck in the future.

Michele.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:58 PM

hey now...you're married...stop it.. - LOL -

BTW, new lady friend came by last night, and she liked the movie Rounders, so that's a plus...

Whiskeytown (who keeps a spare handcuff key on his keychain for emergencies...) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 AM

I forget who wrote it but he said poker and women don't mix.I have had my share of problems for sure.The other day I was thinking how lucky Daniel Negreanu is to have a hot asian girfriend who plays poker. It dose'nt get much better than that.
"rolled up aces over king's always cheers me up"
good luck
Old 02-02-2004, 02:39 AM

Hi Sam,

Evelyn Ng isn't Daniel Negraneau's girlfriend. They're friends now. He's her poker coach, and they dated at one time, but they're just friends nowadays.

Cris
Old 02-02-2004, 02:42 PM

First of all, if you're not getting any action, try moving down in stakes (if you know what I mean.) Second, what you do in your spare time is your business, if you chick can't dig it, too bad.... Bro, don't make a point of bringing up what you do by the way, she'll find out when she finds out.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:57 PM

"SEVEN," you are a moron.