Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: FLUSH DRAW - THE SWINGS

you think people on party NL fold their flush draws? yeah right. you could raise to $50 preflop on a $200 table, A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flops, you go all in for $500 and he'll call you for his $500 stack with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

if you are playing no-limit against opponents who are playing properly, the swings are probably less than they are in limit...but why would you play in such a game anyway?
Old 12-14-2003, 09:10 PM

Default Re: FLUSH DRAW (ATTN CROCKPOT)

So far I haven't experienced as many swings in NL play.

I think it's partly due to the fact that in NL games it's easier to talk someone out of a hand than in low limit games.

I will admit that I haven't played in to many NL games, so my view may be a little skewed, additionally I'm playing in LLNL games on Stars where the play there may be tighter than most sites.

One thing I've noticed is I can make more in a typical sitting (for me that's two hours) than when I'm at the limit tables, usually doubling up by the end of a session. I play somewhat conservatively (along the same lines as Ciaffone), but try to play aggressively when I'm in a pot. I've gone all-in a few times which is gut wrenching to say the least. I haven't been sucked out on as much although from time to time it happens, but not as much as in limit play.