Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2003, 07:21 PM

Default Re: flame me on this one/advice

Im with Will this looks like an easy muck pre flop. Am I in another weak tight phase?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: flame me on this one/advice-Thanks

Thank you all for thought provoking replies. Jerry, of course you're right, my logic was off. If the hand was worth playing, which given the table I belive it was, though it's marginal, it was worth playing better. I should have bet the turn without a doubt. My previous check raise was correct also.

I can see the argument for folding preflop as well, especially since I had to put up an amount equal to one sb to call a raise. I expected to get blasted for calling the raise, even though I was in the small blind. I thought that was the most questionable play, though it doesn't rival my bad choice of checking.

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:51 PM

Throw that crap away preflop.

After you catch a nice flop, you got in the nice checkraise but forgot to bet the turn.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ropey, you may flame me more for this, but my confidence in having the best hand was low. Obviously any pocket pairs of Q,K or A would have me beat prior to the River.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is how you think post-flop there is no way you should have seen the flop.

You got the flop you were looking for and backed off without being shown any aggression after your checkraise.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:15 PM

Hmmm...this hand actually is making me think a little bit. Conventional wisdom would say to bet top pair/good kicker on the flop. As an aggressive player I would definitely do it to gain information. In the SB you need all the help you could get. However, in a loose game, how much information can you really get? The eight is a scary card and I can see why you resorted to a check and call strategy. Overall I think the hand was played well. The only thing I would have done differently is the bet on the flop. Hey, pocket pocket aces may have raised giving you the option to reraise? Definitely a possibility in loose games?