Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2003, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Handling a Talkative 2+2er

One thing I do (and should not) is once I see a guy flame a fish for a bad play . . .well . . I'll go after THAT guy (in defense of the fish). I sort of hope I can tilt the guy and make him MORE mad.

I should just keep my mouth shut but . . . .I like to defend the fish. My bad.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I personally go out of my way to avoid sitting with someone from this site. Granted you aren't going to be in too many hands together but why would you sit with even one known good player? Because for every one of those good players you're against, a little bit of EV is chipped away.

From the chat perspective, I agree that it can be fun to interact but if I'm playing multiple tables, sometimes it's just not possible. If a 2+2er joins a game I'm in, I usually just say hi and leave it at that.

As for correcting others play, I find that simply atrocious and leave it at that.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:39 AM

yea i start asking them to "wait! hold on! I need to get my pen ready!" "Can you repeat that in great detail, I'm writing it all down now!" Continue interrupting them with sarcasm (and thus distracting from their lessons) till they quit.

al
Old 12-01-2003, 08:31 PM

Festus22 - actually in Poker Essays (I think) MM states that having a few good players almost helps a table. A table of 9 fish is not really optimun and a mix is better. Do you really want NINE players that are unreadable?

I really don't mind good players at my table - it adds stability and saneness.

Old 12-02-2003, 02:13 PM

Funny you should mention that.

I found myself at a table with David Ross one time and I typed "2+2" and he answered with "4".

Of course I knew better than to chat it up while he was working so I just watched, we finally bumped heads when his pocket rockets beat my pocket cowboys.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:04 PM

Somebody said the brown trout in the closet thing at a PP .5/1 table I was at yesterday. I didn't know what the hell it meant. I use the same handle, but I haven't posted online all that much that I would expect somebody to recognize.

I did think the guy was loony. I thought he was calling the brown trout gay or something. I considered it might be a code, but let it go cause I got distracted. Now I know.

It is nice to know if somebody you're playing is a 2+2er. That way you can tell if they're gonna play semi-right. Nothing worse than getting check-raised and not knowing whether its a bluff or a solid play, cause I've seen fish try a check-raise bluff before.

Gavin
Old 12-02-2003, 05:56 PM

I use a different name here than at the tables to avoid any issues like this. Oddly enough, it helps me since some of my most recent posts have been less than stellar! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 06:17 PM

i believe micro-limit 2+2ers are harmless [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2003, 11:33 AM

Haha kenny. You are probably right. I guess I just think of when I play in live games...when I go to the Borgata there are almost always at least 2 regulars that I will recognize(I am not even close to a regular)..I will sit down and since I know the regular people assume I play well. So what? Let them think I play well. "Playing well" often translates to "playing predictably", which is a fallacy. Even if someone knows "Hey, that's Festus from 2+2!! YEEEAAAHH" They are still going to like their A3o when an ace flops. Simply seeing that two people know eachother, and even if you know its from a poker forum, is no reason to turn on the sirens. If I was sitting in a table like this, and someone said to someone else, "Hey, you are KemAces from 2+2, right?" I would not be instantaneously intimidated. My advice is just loosen up, seeing a familiar face at a table can make the game even more fun than it already is. Everybody knows when Mason sits down at the table, but that doesn't stop him from having a fairly positive EV. Playing poker anonymously for your whole life will cause you to miss out on a lot of what is so fun about it!
-James
Old 12-03-2003, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, you are KemAces from 2+2, right?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would be giddy that I was at the table with the infamous KemAces.