Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Handling a Talkative 2+2er

Twice today someone recognized me from this site and made mention of something like "you're from 2+2, aren't you?" or some such comment. How do you guys handle that? I usually give a vague answer and hope it drops.

One of the guys (who shall remain nameless) was also "educating" the table about all the incorrect plays they were making and I was cringing the whole time. Again, do you say something right then or maybe send a PM through this site?
Old 11-30-2003, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Handling a Talkative 2+2er

Why drop it? I like to socialize with 2+2 people when I catch them at a table. I don't like it if they are educating the table, but I don't see anything wrong with giving a hello.
-James
Old 11-30-2003, 09:05 PM

I myself would rather just be another guy sitting at the table and would not wanna let anyone know that maybe I had a little clue on how to play poker [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I've seen other 2 + 2er's sitting at tables I play but I didn't even make mention of it. Wouldn't wanna scare off the fish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Plus I'm usually to busy watching everyone else bet,fold ect ect.. I like playing at table were there is allot of chatting because I think most of the people are not really paying attention to whats really happening. Just my 2 zinc cents worth
Old 11-30-2003, 09:09 PM

Hey Festus I might send a nice! PM to the guy and let him know that its not to his advantage to teach these guys how to play poker and if he does that enough he won't get much action as people will be scared maybe to play with him, thinking he's some shark out to get there money! Which he might be but they don't need to know that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 09:13 PM

I have played with you a few times Festus, but I always keep it on the low down [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe we need a secret handshake or something..lol

Seriously though..I think the internet forum people make reference to the "Zoo" when they want to acknowledge someone. maybe we could come up with something similar so as not to blow our cover.

TheRake
Old 11-30-2003, 09:18 PM

Yea I guess someone could say hey XXXXX sure is like a zoo in here then laugh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 10:06 PM

I've seen some people on that I'm sure are 2+2's because they are playing very well. I always wish we could chat but try to keep it on the lowdown. I have mentioned the "zoo" before to see if they say anything but usually get no response.

The way I see it is there are more than enough tables for everyone to have their own school of fish. If there are 2 of us there why fight each other.

One thing you can do is put them on your buddy list and them "invite" them saying hello.

I'm going to make things alittle easier on all and tell everyone that I am Legacyman on Party. Feel free to chat if you would like or keep quiet as you like.

I also welcome any comments on my play posted here. I can only get better.

Jim
Old 11-30-2003, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are 2 of us there why fight each other

[/ QUOTE ]

But like I said I've played at table with 2+2er's and was glad they were there. Because you only get better by playing with people that are better than you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So we wouldn't be fighting each other we would be putting ourselves to the test are we as good as we think we are? Only one way to find out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I Welcome it for sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 11:39 PM

Hey I've played with you also - damn tight ass!! I'll have to say high next time I play ya! I'm not Webster though! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 11:46 PM

Sven - who cares about getting better as long as you are winning $$ LOL