Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Play Along: Hand Protection and Pot Odds

*grunch*

[ QUOTE ]
Only read is CO is 38/9 after 160 hands

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, cutoff calls, button 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls, cutoff calls.

<font color="blue"> </font> I know, I pussed out by not capping.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it doesn't look like anyone's folding at this point, and JJ against 3 opponents (2 behind me) worries me. I'd call here.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (12 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, cutoff calls, button raises, BB folds, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you have the CO trapped between you both, I'd raise to get him to either fold or make mistakes. Call the cap from the button. All you are worried about here are AA, KK, QQ and T9 (which isn't likely, given the betting).
Old 11-29-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only read is CO is 38/9 after 160 hands

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, cutoff calls, button 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls, cutoff calls.

<font color="blue"> </font> I know, I pussed out by not capping.

Flop: (12 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, cutoff calls, button raises, BB folds, Hero calls

Turn: (9.25 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero ???

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
What did the CO do on the flop raise?

If you check, do you think the button will bet? What will you do if they do? I don't think the turn helped the button. It's unlikely you are up against TT here. Bet/fold may be your best option.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, it doesn't look like anyone's folding at this point, and JJ against 3 opponents (2 behind me) worries me. I'd call here. Now you have the CO trapped between you both, I'd raise to get him to either fold or make mistakes. Call the cap from the button. All you are worried about here are AA, KK, QQ and T9 (which isn't likely, given the betting).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we both need to overcome our fears.

IMHO, 3-betting the flop is not the best way to protect our hand in this large multi-way pot. There are a lot of cards that can cripple this hand on the turn.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap preflop and 3-bet the flop. Overpair plus backdoor straight draw has to have some good equity. Plus since you played it weakly but not capping preflop people may not put you on an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

We do have an equity edge here, but, do we want to push it now? Does this protect our hand the best? Or should we wait for the turn to push an even bigger edge if it comes a blank? There are a lot of cards that could cripple our hand here.