Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Play Along: Hand Protection and Pot Odds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check with the intent of raising a bet back to me or folding if it's two back. BB concerns me more than button because he called two cold knowing it was 3 bet in front. If Button raises and big blind calls I'm popping it to see how much the button really likes his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raising won't protect your hand and a lot of turn cards can kill your hand, so I don't think that's the best play here. As for BB calling, he could have a wide range of hands. If button raises and BB calls, you already know he likes his hand, what would raising accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raising sucks.. I agree
Old 11-28-2005, 11:10 PM

Are you saying to read something on Out of Position play or I misread you position in this hand? Why didn't you raise.

Only thing I can say here is that if you cap and lead flop and get raised then you can feel pretty confident in your laydown.

Other than that you are in the same position you are in now...what to do...what to do.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying to read something on Out of Position play or I misread you position in this hand? Why didn't you raise.

Only thing I can say here is that if you cap and lead flop and get raised then you can feel pretty confident in your laydown.

Other than that you are in the same position you are in now...what to do...what to do.

I think I call the 3bet on the flop. I call the flop with the backdoor str8 and flush draw and possibility of trips draw. I think Button raise on the flop is a sign of strength (based on no reads) and its now heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no 3-bet on the flop and it's not heads-up.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:19 PM

What are the stakes?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

$2/4
Old 11-28-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Turn

Hero calls flop raise

Turn (9.25 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero ???
Old 11-28-2005, 11:34 PM

Ok let's see.

He 3 bet's preflop and raise the flop. What type of hands can he have. He wouldn't do this with 77 or lower that's for sure. Would he 3 bet preflop with 99? It's either TT+ in terms of pocket pairs and how do you think about AQs AQo? I will give him a TT+ AKs range here because of his actions and against that range, we are not in a good condition, 4-1 underdog. I fold it here feeling good about myself.

But if I was to call, I bet any non scary non heart turn and fold to a raise since that makes me 100% of TT+.

Seems like I am the only one folding here.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think I call the 3bet on the flop. I call the flop with the backdoor str8 and flush draw and possibility of trips draw. I think Button raise on the flop is a sign of strength (based on no reads) and its now heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no 3-bet on the flop and it's not heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my original response I was refering to the PF "Preflop" cap where the remainder of the hands you will be betting 2nd position vs a 3bettor PF who is in 4th position

[ QUOTE ]
**edit****************************
NO PF cap is not a huge mistake only because you will be OOP the rest of the hand. I think I call the 3bet on the flop. JJ is very good but your position is sucks.

I call the flop with the backdoor str8 and flush draw and possibility of trips draw. I think Button raise on the flop is a sign of strength (based on no reads) and its now heads up.

I reevaluate the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggested No PFCap only because your position on the Flop will be OOP. I'll see If I can edit the first response to include NO
Old 11-28-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok let's see.

He 3 bet's preflop and raise the flop. What type of hands can he have. He wouldn't do this with 77 or lower that's for sure. Would he 3 bet preflop with 99? It's either TT+ in terms of pocket pairs and how do you think about AQs AQo? I will give him a TT+ AKs range here because of his actions and against that range, we are not in a good condition, 4-1 underdog. I fold it here feeling good about myself.

But if I was to call, I bet any non scary non heart turn and fold to a raise since that makes me 100% of TT+.

Seems like I am the only one folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not a 4-1 underdog. If his range is only TT+, AKo, AKs, AQs, then pokerstove gives us 43% equity against villain.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only read is CO is 38/9 after 160 hands

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, cutoff calls, button 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls, cutoff calls.

<font color="blue"> </font> I know, I pussed out by not capping.

Flop: (12 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, cutoff calls, button raises, BB folds, Hero Calls - I assume

Turn (9.25 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I check. Depending on reads I may fold to turn bet from Button. As is I make a bold assumption that I will call down

*****************Since I'm feeling froggy *******************
I reworked the turn results to be included with the initial part of the hand and I assumed you called flop since we are at the turn stage and no one really advocated raising. I'd also suggest you change the Subject when you post the turn. That way People don't have to search for the next part of the discussion. You could also respond to your original post that way it gets an entirely new directory tree for itself.