Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2003, 09:42 AM

Default SoCalPat... MP flopped an open-ender

Q8 with a 967 flop gives him any 5 or 10 to make his straight.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:20 PM

Default Re: SoCalPat... MP flopped an open-ender

DOH! ... thanks for pointing that out.

Regardless, it wasn't a draw to the nut straight, and shouldn't change how the hand is played. Mr. KK needs to raise here.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:18 PM

Default Re: SoCalPat... MP flopped an open-ender

Hehe, I got to stop posting so early in the morning. I guess I was correct in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: I Would Like To Thank

Everyone that took time to post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've learned a few things so that's what it's all about! These High Pairs can be strong but usually in my case they are weak due to the way I play them which I'm trying to fix [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]! Seems like I never hit a set on the flop! I also learned that these type hands do not play well multiplayer! So if AA or KK should crop up again I know I will raise preflop. But if I still had 4 or 5 players seeing the flop and I didn't hit the flop what would you guys recommend doing? I know not every sisuation can be covered but just in general. Would one try an attempt to check raise here? I know I want as few as players as I can get. Thanks
Old 10-24-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: 2 Hands AA & KK

My experience has been that many low limit players will play any face or ace regardless of suitedness.

The fact that he hit his face card on the flop means he'll probably stay for the ride. In this case he gets a third J which he tells you by raising, which means he's not going anywhere no matter what. I don't think someone would try a bluff here especially after you showed some strength preflop, and with that K showing, so my read would be he's holding what he's representing.

1. Do you give him credit for the third J?
2. Can you laydown your two bullets?
3. Can you convince him you have three K's?
4. If so would he give up his three J's?

I think the only chance you've got of talking him out of this pot is to convince him you've got three K's, and even that is no guarantee of success (how many players do you know that would lay down a set or trips at this level), plus it would have cost you to try.

If you don't want to lay down your bullets, then just calling would have saved you some money in the long run.