Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Post your set hands...

this one was pretty bad. villian is 53/0/1.59 over a very small amount of hands. flame away

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't see not bet-calling the flop is he is tilting and out of line. Then continue with the bet-3bet line.
[ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't much like the river. I like a read before I go calling raises on the river of a 4 straight board. Are you good 1-11 here? If the card is a possible 2 pair making card I mind a bet/call less but the 8 makes a lot more straights than 2 pairs. Sometimes I will bet fold this river. Reads make a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the situations that I'm working on and trying to improve. When someone show aggression on the turn, and the four flush or straights come on river, I should probably just check-fold when I dont feel comfortable with a river raise and I dont manage to fold it.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is embarrassing. I can't believe I played this so poorly.

CO is a bomb, Button is a mouse.

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero checks.
I don't hate this, I'd raise one limper or with 99, but I'm sure some people will say raise 88 OOP against 2.

Flop: (3.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.
Not betting this flop sucks. My excuse was that I was trying to do 5 tables and had forgetton the pre-flop action, but that's no excuse. When action came back to me, I thought I might be better off trapping Button for two on a big street.

Turn: (3.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.
I actually started geting worried about KJ here. Awful.

River: (12.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.
Well, now that I realize he doesn't have KJ, at least I get to do something sexy.

I lost at least ~2 BB on this hand, probably more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop is correct. Since it is a K high flop I don't mind waiting to cr the turn. Since you are being subsidized by a 3rd player I cap the turn in this spot very very often. Keep in mind KJ is often a PFR hand. You can discount it a bit. Any J is likely to put in this many bets on the turn.

River is an excellent recovery. At least one pretty street.

I'd also consider a preflop raise. Represent an ace with good equity preflop against 2 players.

Krishan
Old 10-31-2005, 03:27 PM

Yes, this is exactly it. The 3rd player was a fairly poor player who I figured was on a draw which made me push my hand too hard. The villain was something like a 20 VPIP and hasn't played nearly this aggressively so far. I could just smell the river c/r coming, and knew exactly what it meant. He did indeed have JJ.

As far as not raising the flop, that is interesting indeed. I will have to start thinking about that more.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this one was pretty bad. villian is 53/0/1.59 over a very small amount of hands. flame away

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, need more action. Start with a turn 3-bet and go from there. I'm not even close to convinced I'm behind and you have a monster draw even if you are. I'm much more likely to go into a shell in position. OOP you gotta keep swinging.

Krishan
Old 10-31-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I raise the turn. A lot of time a bet like that is looking for action. A weak hand is going to bet/fold or check/fold but a strong hand is looking to bet/3-bet. Now he check folded the river so he didn't have anything this time but I think not raising the turn against his range of hands is a mistake. I like the flop call very much ( drawless board is crucial ).

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were waiting to berate somebody for "protecting" their set in a smallish pot. ARen't you saying that if there was draws present you should protect? Or just play faster because action is more likely?

PS cool poem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is people like to force the field to face 2 with sets when their sets don't really need that kind of protection on the flop. That concept doesn't apply to this hand.

A rainbow uncoordinated flop just means he is more likely to have a piece and therefore bet the turn.

Krishan
Old 10-31-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is exactly it. The 3rd player was a fairly poor player who I figured was on a draw which made me push my hand too hard. The villain was something like a 20 VPIP and hasn't played nearly this aggressively so far. I could just smell the river c/r coming, and knew exactly what it meant. He did indeed have JJ.

As far as not raising the flop, that is interesting indeed. I will have to start thinking about that more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post a screen name. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That hand is a work of art. I congradulate your opponent.

Krishan
Old 10-31-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post a screen name. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That hand is a work of art. I congradulate your opponent.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]
blackaces111
Old 10-31-2005, 04:58 PM

Here's one I just played Krishan. Felt pretty icky. Opponent is unknown.

Not really fond of my turn or river play in retrospect at all.

Bet/call the turn here? As soon as I checked I said "[censored]" in case he had clubs. Blah.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 10-31-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one I just played Krishan. Felt pretty icky. Opponent is unknown.

Not really fond of my turn or river play in retrospect at all.

Bet/call the turn here? As soon as I checked I said "[censored]" in case he had clubs. Blah.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop is pretty draw heavy. I'd at least consider a flop 3-bet fold to further agression. I think the turn is okay. (I can't imagine putting in just 1 bet which leading will get from a weak hand) Given that you were 3 bet on a 4 straight board I think the river is still okay. You are basically hoping he has QJ, QT, KQ. But there are a lot of combinations of those hands.

Not a fun hand but I don't think it was particularly badly played.

Krishan