Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: \'da boyz

I think this is a clear case of FPS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously, if a guy is willing to get it allin preflop and you are holding KK, you need to oblige him. Youve already got some dead money from button, maybe he'll come along. But this is an easy situation I think.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Results.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds. Villain shows AA. I'm not trying to make Hellmuth-like reads here, but this was one of those times where instincts took over... or I just got lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Impressive. This also shows why I've been losing too many buy-ins lately.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not enough hands played.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really go on betting speed to determine holdings??

[/ QUOTE ]
Not just betting speed. I see 2-300 hands a night. It was one of those moments where I knew he had AA and I actually listened to myself. I can't explain it.

[ QUOTE ]
No reads? Since you're 3-tabling, I think it's next to impossible to get them unless you have prior notes. Your image? What are your stats/how are you perceived at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
My win rate is good 3-tabling. I don't have the patience to play less tables since I play TAG.

[ QUOTE ]
My take on this one? If MP2 has AA, he's playing it too loosely, basically inviting more than one player to see a flop. (I know - for QQ or JJ to play this way is even more foolish.) Why didn't you bet strong on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, preflop raiser checked. I checked behind hoping to catch a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
I think MP2's push is an over/midpair (QQ, JJ, TT or even 88)protecting against flush/further cards and he thinks he can scare button away/has him beat. His c on the flop was because he was scared of you who had position, the stack and had shown preflop aggression. A bet by you would probably have taken it down.

[/ QUOTE ]
MP2 had AA. I think his plan was to check-raise all-in (which is why I checked behind). Unfortunately the button re-opened the betting for him.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a clear case of FPS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously, if a guy is willing to get it allin preflop and you are holding KK, you need to oblige him. Youve already got some dead money from button, maybe he'll come along. But this is an easy situation I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
It probably is FPS, but I'm allowed to do that once in a blue moon, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I usually do get all-in preflop with Kings. I felt this hand was an exception (which is why I posted it). Good point about the potential dead money (button). That would've offset my call and I was sure I had the button beat. BTW, button ended up folding on the flop (horrible play since he put in about half his stack).
Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds. Villain shows AA. I'm not trying to make Hellmuth-like reads here, but this was one of those times where instincts took over... or I just got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a fold here is fine. Normally I like to get allin preflop with KK as much as the next guy, but, you had a read. If you're pretty damn sure he's got AA, then pushing preflop or pushing flop is pretty bad, no?

nh
Old 10-28-2005, 11:56 AM

I haven't read any of the other posts yet, so sorry if this repeats others.

Both of these guys are less than half stacks. I am worried about a limp/donk bet reraise, but honestly that could be anything. I think I reraise preflop to be sure it's heads up. I might even just push all-in preflop. If he has aces, so be it. But I don't mind losing to aces against kings to a guy with a 1/2 stack.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:12 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Hero folds. Villain shows AA. I'm not trying to make Hellmuth-like reads here, but this was one of those times where instincts took over... or I just got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a fold here is fine. Normally I like to get allin preflop with KK as much as the next guy, but, you had a read. If you're pretty damn sure he's got AA, then pushing preflop or pushing flop is pretty bad, no?

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been asked before, and I'll ask again: How often does his read have to be right in order to make fold +EV. Lets assume you push and Button folds, MP2 calls.