Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 09:10 AM

Default \'da boyz

<font color="blue">I'm 3-tabling as usual. Pretty straightforward play (nothing unusual). Please comment on all streets.</font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($19)
MP1 ($63.35)
MP2 ($26.50)
Hero ($55.95)
Button ($19.60)
SB ($25.90)
BB ($16.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
2 folds, MP2 raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, Button calls $3, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $6.5<font color="blue">(he 3-bet so quickly that I put him on AA, maybe KK)</font>, Hero calls $3.50<font color="blue">(is this call okay? I have position on MP2 and I wanted to see the flop)</font>, Button calls $3.50.

Flop: ($20.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button bets $6, MP2 raises to $20 all-in</font>,
<font color="blue">I'm 18% against AA or KK, so it's -EV if I call. I'm not worried about the button. I put him on a mid PP, he just called preflop, and he's short-stacked.</font>
Hero?...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: \'da boyz

I don't like your pre-flop call. I would re-raise to get it heads up. I try to get it in before the flop and if he has AA, that's how it goes.

The way you played it, QQ and maybe JJ takes that line.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your pre-flop call. I would re-raise to get it heads up. I try to get it in before the flop and if he has AA, that's how it goes.

The way you played it, QQ and maybe JJ takes that line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I normally try to get all-in preflop with KK, but this time was different. By his betting tempo and the 3-bet, I was 95% sure he had AA. And if I did see AA in his hand preflop, I wouldn't re-raise it to get all-in heads up. My instincts told me to go away from ram-and-jam and just call preflop. My plan was to see a flop and hopefully spike a King or an unlikely draw. Another line would be to call preflop and push any non-ace flop.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:31 AM

Speed of the raise alone is not enough to put him on AA IMO. Certainly not with 95% accuracy. It's a stupid minraise. I push after the 3-bet preflop.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speed of the raise alone is not enough to put him on AA IMO. Certainly not with 95% accuracy. It's a stupid minraise. I push after the 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your range of hands for villain?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your range of hands for villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read? Preflop its: 88-AA, AK, AQ, AJs.

On the flop, it's pretty much the same, but the unpaired high cards would have to be hearts. Drop 88 maybe.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without a read? Preflop its: 88-AA, AK, AQ, AJs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it was a donk min-raise. But since it was 3-bet, I felt that his range was more narrow than this.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Results.

Hero folds. Villain shows AA. I'm not trying to make Hellmuth-like reads here, but this was one of those times where instincts took over... or I just got lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By his betting tempo and the 3-bet, I was 95% sure he had AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really go on betting speed to determine holdings??

No reads? Since you're 3-tabling, I think it's next to impossible to get them unless you have prior notes.

Your image? What are your stats/how are you perceived at the table?

This is why I stopped multitabling - there are too many situations that are read-dependent.

My take on this one? If MP2 has AA, he's playing it too loosely, basically inviting more than one player to see a flop. (I know - for QQ or JJ to play this way is even more foolish.) Why didn't you bet strong on the flop?

I think MP2's push is an over/midpair (QQ, JJ, TT or even 88)protecting against flush/further cards and he thinks he can scare button away/has him beat. His c on the flop was because he was scared of you who had position, the stack and had shown preflop aggression. A bet by you would probably have taken it down.

I think you're good against MP2, which BTW is also fairly short stacked. Button could have the trips or the boat and intentionally bet weak to get a call/raise.

Other than that, I agree with previous poster - especially if you're multitabling - get it all in preflop with KK.

And of course there's always the caveat: speed-raisors could have AA... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 09:59 AM

stats? it's AA, KK, or QQ. i think preflop is fine and folding the flop is fine too. no big deal.