Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: I am a calling station

[ QUOTE ]
Slim, what did you put me on when i check-raised the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any two. That's why I 3-bet.

I'm pretty sure the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the river, but not 100%. Um, now I guess you've unsured me. Did you see his J9? What was all that "pair the board" BS then? Not that if the 3rd heart paired the board I wouldn't have 5/6-bet the river against that guy.

EDIT: The T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the flop gives him a straight plus SF/flush draw on the river, making the whole "Pair the board" comment make sense. I'm pretty sure the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the river.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:25 PM

First, I think that you played this hand well and there's no argument up until the river part. I wouldn't bother capping the flop or anything to limit my action on later streets if you do hit your draw.

So basically, the argument here is to cap or just call the 3-bet on the river. I'm leaning on calling since we don't have anywhere near the nut flush plus taggish opponents oftentimes push good draws hard to mask them. It's hard to tell whether or not he has the flush, but the river action seems fishy. Perhaps 2+2er has 99 and hit a straight? Who knows. Capping still seems too extreme here.

Edit: There those times where you feel like a calling station since others are taking command of the hand, esp. when you're on a draw. And when you do hit your hand on the river, you still only call. But they seem to be few and far between.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:53 PM

Also, I think 5 bets is a cap at Gold Coast, not 4, so if Hero 4-bets the river, 2+2'er is the one capping.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he didn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i don't like his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did in fact have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't understand why people dislike my turn bet with 15 outs after 3-betting the flop. If I check-call the turn, I might as well turn my cards up there or just make myself a little sign that says "on flush draw." My equity deficit is small there (~33% if my overs are good, 20% if they're not) and it will always pay me at least on extra BB on the river if I hit, possibly a lot more.

One small note: the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the river and the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ten [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the flop changes thing quite a bit. Your turn equity was at 26% on your nut outs alone before you even count your overcards as partial outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I flopped a Royal flush draw, I completely didn't notice. I thought the queen might have been black, but anyway, you're right. I forgot about my three Broadway outs too so between 25% and 38%.

EDIT: That makes no sense. The queen had to be Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I'm an observant player for sure.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:31 PM

Fold the river for 2 bets. Handreading 101 tells you that he (the 2+2er) has a flush given the action. All this talk about 4-betting the river or 3-betting to get a flush to fold in non-sense. An UTG raiser will either have a king high flush or the nuts here. These hands are not going away, even if you pushed all-in. And 4-betting the river is basically the same as handing the guy a four dollar bill.

Brad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit - Donk the river.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM

Call me crazy, but I fold.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy, but I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're crazy.

(and i don't get the fold. See my forthcoming response to Brad.)
Old 10-27-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the river for 2 bets. Handreading 101 tells you that he (the 2+2er) has a flush given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to put 2+2er on a flush given his river bet? Or do i put him on the flush after he 3-bets and then fold for one more bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Edit - Donk the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this help me? When i'm pretty sure either 2+2er or LAG will bet for me, why would i want to do this?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:01 PM

He 3-bets the flop: Okay he has top pair, over pair, set, flush draw, etc.

He bet/calls the turn: One pair or a flush draw.

He bets the river on the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]: He has a flush. He isn't going to donk with one pair when he could have just 3-bet the turn to collect the overlay. He isn't going to play a set like this. The only way the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] helped him was to give him a flush, and any flush he has beats your flush. It didn't give him 2-pair and it didn't give him trips tens, it gave him the nuts.

Brad

Edit - Okay re-read the thread. It is even more obvious when teh 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls on the river. Hmmm what could he have....Q2o!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What am I missing here?