Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: 3/6 NL river decision AA hand, double paired board

Hi,

It depends on how loose villain is.

22-QQ
ATs+
smaller 1 gaps JTs/T9s etc (particulaly if he expected it multi-way)

His river play is interesting as I imagine he would have popped the turn with any 8. I can't see him calling a full pot turn bet with JTs/AJs.

His river push obviously screams a J/QQ/bluff. He might do this with an 8 if he has you pegged correctly.

I probably fold this but I think it is close. My maths say you need to be right about 30% of the time.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Well, on the flop and the turn it too me looks as he has 33 or as some people pointed out 10-9 ish hand. 88-jj is also a possiblity due to the riverpush.
J-8 seems unlikely, not impossible, but you'd think he would tossed it preflop and raised flop. Readdependent though
He can't possible think a sole eight is good on the flop, and he should lay down any j on the turn, since you've shown massive strenght.

But the real question is if he's willing to stick his remains on a bluff, event thought the last jack is the ultimate scarecard, in a large pot like that.

I'd be tempted to call, convincing myself he had 33 and went all in in frustration, but it kinda looks like quads.
So the wise thing would be to fold i guess.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:34 PM

Folds thats ugly though. That sucks Im tilted and its not my hand. You played it well but there is no calling that river bet. Not unless your live and have a read....
Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 PM

i think the real root of what you have to do in this hand lies in the question of "what do you think HE THINKS you have?" if he has half a brain, youve defined your hand really well. if hes tricky ever, then i think you have to call here getting 2.5 - 1.

the only real hand i could see him having here is AJ, and if he has that, then why would he try to push you out of the hand (probably knowing most people are folding QQ-AA there)?

im thinking T9 of clubs.... and i say snap his ass off.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 PM

what does he think you have? you reraised big pf, and have pretty much defined your hand. its obvious you dont have a full house. its a great spot for him to bluff if you are a tightish player. the only bad bit is that if he is loose enough he might have a boat.

so its not an easy fold IMO, i probably would fold though depending on what he has done in the past.