Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: JT Won\'t Need LAGs to Stand

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try to outlag the lag. You likely have an equity edge against his range on the flop so jam. Be ok with checkcalling the turn if you miss I think, but I would have just 3bet the flop. The river action depends on how he plays 8s 5s and A high. If he bets those than check, if he checks them then bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about outlagging the lag. I guess I kind of wanted to send a message about him not trying to push me around, but there's really no reason to think he'd even notice.

3betting the flop is best I think. I'd check call the turn only if he capped the flop, otherwise I'd bet because he's folded so much. Against a guy who always sees a river, i agree with check calling.

Anyway, he showed 7c4c. This was a silly hand.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 PM

in that case then i like 3betting the flop and leading the turn. you invest less bets and you put in more money when you equity is less low.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would guess I have the better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this is a very silly hand. Putting someone on exactly two cards below a J is quite silly, and not 3-betting the flop in order to get an immediate fold is even sillier. Especially if your alternate plan involves putting in 2BB with J high on the next street.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:57 PM

In fairness, I wasn't putting him exactly on that. I was just guessing that he'd be 3betting most pairs, most aces, most kings. Some bigger queens. I would think I'm ahead of his range.

Point taken about the flop/turn action though. I think my line actually makes it less likely that he'll fold. But it was fun, so there is that.