Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: play along with me?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (21.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet!

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um cuz we might have the best hand. And juicing for value. We might fold better overcard hands. I'm really guessing tho (was grunching).
Old 10-09-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: play along with me?

[ QUOTE ]
Um cuz we might have the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Um never...

With all the draws we have (Gutty, BD Frush, Overs), we're looking at a "OESD-esque" draw in terms of outs...This is a huge pot and folding hands like KQ or KJ would be just swell
Old 10-10-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: flop to river

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
meh. so much for playing along...
i can't stick around. so here's the rest of the hand.
i made a conscious decision to take a passive line after the flop since the lag to my left would likely forget i had 3-bet (or limp reraised) preflop... so i checked the flop and here's the rest of the action. i'm particularly interested in what people think of the river overcall. (since CO was a slightly too loose TAG but not an idiot by any means)

PokerStars Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (21.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 23.70 BB

whatcha think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the preflop lrr is really bad. You aren't going to induce anybody to fold, and are bloating a pot that I don't think you'll have enough equity in given you're position, both relative and overall.

I think you should bet the flop. You want people out of this hand. You want to fold UI overs like KJ, KQ, etc that have you dominated but might not call 2 bets, assuming UTG+1 raises.

I think after the turn bet in this ridiculously ginormous family pot, you are drawing to 4 outs.

I think overcalling on the river is very debatable with TP3K.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:17 AM

Not betting the flop makes my avatar cry.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a crying Gerber baby makes me shed tears [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a crying Gerber baby makes me shed tears [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Off-topic, dude are you in Fresno?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:37 AM

I'm originally from Visalia(30 min. south of Fresno), goto school in Davis, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Dogs more than anything in the world...you?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:57 AM

I can't really see a reason to 3-bet pf since the table is loose-passive. A 3-bet OOP would just make everyone just call another bet. A simple exception could be that you just limp reraised a big PP not that long ago.

I think I'd want to bet the flop in hopes pf raiser raises to launch people out of the hand. I'd want people with better overcard hands to fold (along with weak made hands like mid pairs). It's nice to get those dominating type hands out (e.g. KJ, AJ, AQ, etc.). Have you seen this loose-aggressive player raising flops if bet into esp. if he did the pf raising (a.k.a. got the last bet in pf)? Is this the type of player that plays "oh no you didn't just bet into me" poker on the flop and takes the bigger turn/river bets more seriously? If so, then it's a definite bet on the flop.

As you called the check/called the flop, I'd play the hand the same since the pot is big enough to justify it. I wouldn't expect to win, but you do have TPDK. Is this a long term +EV call on the river? I would think so since the pot is so big.

Walter
Old 10-10-2005, 04:43 AM

I dont like the flop 3bet, Specially when it bloats the pot.

The flop hmm not sure if i bet and have UTG raise to protect from 1 overcard..... Or just call and wait for the turn.

Turn, Now you protect you hand so id probably bet this and see what UTG does... hes going to bet out anyway.If he raises it may even make 1pair drawing to two fold for fear of his strength.

River, Why dont you bet? You just improved?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

River, Why dont you bet? You just improved?

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously think TP3rdK has this won ??