Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (10/7)

I have a question about the archives. I'm looking for a game with Jonas in it. I did a search for "jonas" but nothing was found. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:14 PM

They went from a bottle of wine, to Rolling Stones tickets, to what's passing as prizes this week.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:15 PM

I don't think Jonas is mentioned in the descriptions, just look for some of the earlier 10/20 NL games on Friday nights, or see if Gor's name pops up as well.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:16 PM

I wouldn't mind the basketball, only because it would become eBay fodder real quick.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:17 PM

Is the girl at seat 8 a prize?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 PM

I'm sure the Bike has quite a few of those autographed basketballs lying around, which is why I don't think it's as valuable.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 PM

Whats up with all these hot chicks around the table tonight Bart?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:19 PM

Hey Guys, this is Barry from last night, I'm just here at my friend's house in San Fransisco... I just wanted to say thanks for having me on the show, it was fun to be a part of even though I didn't make a lot happen.

I would have liked to get more involved in the action but I really didn't have ANY hands to play with (my top hands were probably 8s,7s,6s,AJo,bunch of suited connectors that missed, thats it, pretty frustrating). Sometimes I would make second pair out of position and sometimes see another card just so I don't end up folding everything.
I wouldn't describe the game as a "good" game to play in given the choice - a fair number of the players are higher stakes NL players and there weren't any regular donators in the game at all (unfortunately Alan didn't stay long...)
At one point it seemed to turn into a little bit of a dick-waving fest to see "who can make the best bluff with the worst cards" - it seemed a little silly, but it's all part of poker I guess.

I guess the lesson to be learned here is one of patience - often in cash games after going card dead for so long you feel like you have to make some kind of move eventually - either it works, or it doesn't. If you can have the patience to force yourself to not fall into a state where you get "tempted" to make a mistake then it can save you some money.
I guess one thing I did try and make use of (to some success?) was the stop bet - which Bart loves (hates?) With these players (i.e. Moe) if you show weakness to them and start checking too often, they will start to autobet pretty much ANYTHING in position, forcing you to call a large bet on the river with a somewhat marginal hand...

I don't have access to the archives from here but I'm looking forward to seeing the show when I get back...

Of course after the show I was telling David later that I go to play 4/8 and I start hitting everything, flopping straights and hitting flushes (of course getting paid off all the time helps too), and I made $200 in about an hour.... WHERE WAS THAT 2 HOURS AGO??? grr...

And for the record, the bike *does* have some very hot coctail waitresses and the food is good too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...

- your "typical pale-faced internet player" Barry
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the archives. I'm looking for a game with Jonas in it. I did a search for "jonas" but nothing was found. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been quite a while since Jonas has been there. He only played on Friday night, and was in four episodes of Live at TheBike. He sat in seat 9 all four times!

May 27
May 20
May 13
May 6
Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 PM

Thanks Kev, I have another question. I know the show started in Jan. or Feb. of this year, on the list of dates of shows it starts with May 18th. How do I get access to the earlier shows?