Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2003, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Burned by the Sloooooooooow play

Come on out... the more the merrier. I typically find the UB games much softer than Stars (where my ROI is only 20-30%). And the blind structures are much better than Party or Paradise (much less of a crap-shoot).

As for you sarcastic analysis of my skills, and your skepticism regarding my ROI numbers, I'll let it slide. You obviously didn't realize that the purpose of this forum was to discuss poker strategy and how to play better vs. insulting someone or trying to make them look/feel stupid.

I don't claim to be a tournament expert by any stretch. In fact, I post some dumb plays I've made so that I can learn from my mistakes. I also don't wander around the board telling people how stupid they are or how much better I am than they. I don't think that's what the forum was created for.

Regardless, you should check out UB. The games are good and payoffs are a little better than PS since the 1 tables have 10 instead of 9 people. Good luck to ya.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:22 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to be sarcastic or to insult your play. The comments above all seem to agree that your play in this hand was less than optimal. You even said yourself that "...I deserve to be flamed for this..."

I was commenting on how, even so, you manage to achieve a 70% ROI.

I haven't doubted that claim either. I merely asked how many tournaments you'd played to get an idea for how statistically significant this figure is.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:32 AM

No sweat. Seems I may have misunderstood the tone of your post. Anyway, bygones being bygones and all...

My data comes from ~250 tournaments overall, of which I'd say ~30% are UB. I've been slowing down a bit lately, due to poor plays like this one (and a KK hand I posted yesterday), but overall still find the games there to be much softer.

Hope to see you on the tables one of these days. My handle is Misterhowdy.