Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Re: For The English Magor. (Major)?

Ill try to improve my Thesis when its in published book form. Sorry Guy But theres so much to keep up with here. I have not really got the hang of editing. It might interfer with reading yuor exellent advice.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Midnight Hold\'Em

Coilean,

Based upon your description of the player and the situation, I actually want to call the river.

Either he has AA or making some play, or he has AK and bets blind to represent the airline tickets.

Bob Lewis
Old 09-28-2003, 02:28 PM

Default Re: For The English Magor. (Major)?

Cool. I was just genuinely curious since your grammar is overall excellent but you misspelled such a simple word.

Dan
Old 09-28-2003, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Results! The best line?

I also think the analogy to the aforementioned situation described in HPFAP is extremely accurate. Calling all the way probably presents the best EV against typical opponents, and especially against tighter/tougher opponents.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Results! The best line?

I'd just check and call it down most of the time as well, although there are a few times when I'll make an exception, depending on just how ragged the flop is.

If the flop is real ragged, then sometimes I'll push my hand. It seems like I get three bet pre-flop a fair amount of the time by 55-88, and on a T64 flop, or something like that, it's going to be very hard for someone with a pocket underpair to give up their hand. (Also, with a flop this raggedy, I get called down often enough by hands like AK and AQ-- but I don't know if this happens to everyone, or just me, since I usually look like a derelict roofer who's just come into the club to blow the money he made on last weekend's side job). However, if the flop comes T9x, or T8x, I usually slow way down, since it's possible to scare off pocket 7's or AK here, and I'd rather that didn't happen.