Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Home Game Rand Ruling Question

Yes. Cards speak.

Yes. That was a dick move.

Yes. If you slowrolled me I'd consider beating your ass.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:00 PM

Are you friends with the people involved? If so, then people are giving you WAY too much grief for slowrolling.

Anyway, default house rule is that cards speak.

-McGee
Old 09-27-2005, 02:36 PM

good news: you win the hand.

bad news: you're a slowrolling prick.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you friends with the people involved? If so, then people are giving you WAY too much grief for slowrolling.

Anyway, default house rule is that cards speak.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah we're all friends. It's a [censored] home game. Hence me posting in the home game forum. I got them all started playing, I drove people out to Brooklyn from Jersey and some of us work together. We get together once a month, play some cards, have some drinks and have a good time.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:32 AM

Hes just playing with friends. I [censored] w/ my friends all the time when we play. Cards speak for themselves.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why were you all in with K2 suited? Secondly, as the host, I we play modified declaire. If its an obvious hand, i.e two pair with one on the board, there is little debate. But if you call kings and you have a flush, you have the kings. Its a eay to have people learn their hands and to call them. In my juristiction, you lose. (Since he obviously had to have a better kicker)

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't sound like the man declaired his kicker, so how could it count as better?

I actually don't like your rule, this kind of thing happens all the time: One guy turns over j-8 and says I have two pair, the other guy turns over k-q and says, crap, I just have a pair of Kings. But then somebody points out that the board pairs twos and the Kings take it. This kind of thing happens frequently enough even with guys who know their hands pretty well, that it would really be game changing if the cards didn't speak.

Another one you see misdeclared a lot is the one card flush or the one card straight.

--Zetack

edit: and yes I see your thing about one pair on the board and "obviousness" but I fail to see how a flush isn't just as obvious as two pair. Sounds kind of like, a declare counts over the cards whenever we want to start an argument rule.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:39 AM

"I we play modified declaire. If its an obvious hand, i.e two pair with one on the board, there is little debate. But if you call kings and you have a flush, you have the kings. Its a eay to have people learn their hands and to call them. In my juristiction, you lose"

I also think this is a bad idea. Cards speak lets the cards determine the winner, not angle shooters or sleepy people. People misdeclaring their hands intentionally, or constantly slow-rolling, can be dealt with in other ways.