Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 11:48 AM

Default AK in a huge pot

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Reads - This table is playing like live 2/4. All involved are loose preflop (PFR 30+) and go too far.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero caps </font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Cap is easy right?

Flop: (27 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls , CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Gotta try to peel here for 28 to 1?

Turn: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

This is why I peeled so I raise to protect.

River: (24.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks , CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls .

I feel stupid for overcalling here but I called because the pot is huge and the bet came from the last person to act and no one raised it. You only have to be good like 4% of the time.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB
Old 09-25-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: AK in a huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Reads - This table is playing like live 2/4. All involved are loose preflop (PFR 30+) and go too far.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero caps </font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Cap is easy right?

Flop: (27 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls , CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Gotta try to peel here for 28 to 1?

Turn: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

This is why I peeled so I raise to protect.

River: (24.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks , CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls .

I feel stupid for overcalling here but I called because the pot is huge and the bet came from the last person to act and no one raised it. You only have to be good like 4% of the time.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Why no river bet?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:58 AM

Good observation thanks. I am not aggressive enough on the river. I was afraid of the flush and thinking that I was not going to get called by enough worse hands. At second to last to act I was hoping to show down the hand for free.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was afraid of the flush and thinking that I was not going to get called by enough worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the only consideration. If your opponent(s) will call with more hands than they'll bet with and you have to call on the end, generally speaking it's better to bet yourself. Both plays may be -EV but betting when your opponents will call more hands than they'll bet with probably has a higher EV most of the time.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:11 PM

Bet the river, call a raise. Almost looks like CO slowplayed some 5's?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:24 PM

Bet the river- easy value bet
Old 09-25-2005, 09:09 PM

If checking was correct and you folded instead of folding you'd be an idiot.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If checking was correct and you folded instead of folding you'd be an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You only have to be good like 4% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you said it right here. Without doing any math and just going by the action on previous streets I`d say this is an easy river bet, for value. You`ve got to be good here way more than 4% of the time.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:45 PM

This is an easy river value bet. The pot is huge and your going to be good percentage of the time.