Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AK in a huge pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344007)

Bluffoon 09-25-2005 11:48 AM

AK in a huge pot

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Reads - This table is playing like live 2/4. All involved are loose preflop (PFR 30+) and go too far.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero caps </font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Cap is easy right?

Flop: (27 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls , CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Gotta try to peel here for 28 to 1?

Turn: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

This is why I peeled so I raise to protect.

River: (24.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks , CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls .

I feel stupid for overcalling here but I called because the pot is huge and the bet came from the last person to act and no one raised it. You only have to be good like 4% of the time.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

QTip 09-25-2005 11:52 AM

Re: AK in a huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Reads - This table is playing like live 2/4. All involved are loose preflop (PFR 30+) and go too far.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero caps </font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Cap is easy right?

Flop: (27 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls , CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Gotta try to peel here for 28 to 1?

Turn: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Hero raises </font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

This is why I peeled so I raise to protect.

River: (24.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks , CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls .

I feel stupid for overcalling here but I called because the pot is huge and the bet came from the last person to act and no one raised it. You only have to be good like 4% of the time.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Why no river bet?

Bluffoon 09-25-2005 11:58 AM

Good observation thanks. I am not aggressive enough on the river. I was afraid of the flush and thinking that I was not going to get called by enough worse hands. At second to last to act I was hoping to show down the hand for free.

adios 09-25-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was afraid of the flush and thinking that I was not going to get called by enough worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the only consideration. If your opponent(s) will call with more hands than they'll bet with and you have to call on the end, generally speaking it's better to bet yourself. Both plays may be -EV but betting when your opponents will call more hands than they'll bet with probably has a higher EV most of the time.

krimson 09-25-2005 12:11 PM

Bet the river, call a raise. Almost looks like CO slowplayed some 5's?

BurnsvilleCardClub 09-25-2005 08:24 PM

Bet the river- easy value bet

TheHammer24 09-25-2005 09:09 PM

If checking was correct and you folded instead of folding you'd be an idiot.

private joker 09-25-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If checking was correct and you folded instead of folding you'd be an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

JackyChilds 09-25-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You only have to be good like 4% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you said it right here. Without doing any math and just going by the action on previous streets I`d say this is an easy river bet, for value. You`ve got to be good here way more than 4% of the time.

Delzek15 09-25-2005 11:45 PM

This is an easy river value bet. The pot is huge and your going to be good percentage of the time.