Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Having an 87 in your hand is stupid

[ QUOTE ]

I dont remember and I dont know what UH is.

[/ QUOTE ]

UH is UltimateHistory, a program to collect hand histories from the annoying little popup and save them on your hard drive. There's more on it in the forums at pokertracker.com. It doesn't require PT.

[ QUOTE ]

Like how when its folded to me I open with all sorts of junk. 865,654, just random bs. Im running good though! Its hard not to play like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Knowing when to do so and when not to should come with experience.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:54 AM

I dont keep the HHs but I am sure I am doing a ton of really weird stuff right now. Especially yesterday when I was playing the in 1-2. I certinaly was playing very bad.

[ QUOTE ]
For instance, two blind defense hands I saw: one you called a 3-bet from the BB and one you coolcalled a raise from the SB. In both cases you drew two and folded to a single bet on the second round, with no reason to expect a raise behind you. Either the predraw call or the postdraw fold must be incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get caught a lot of times predraw and post 1st draw with hands that I hate. AKA, trying to get lucky.

[ QUOTE ]
#8369047-352 would be reasonable in a bigger game where you could get headsup and hope your T8 held up, but our opponent was possibly the biggest calling station of the TD regulars, so it's not such a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what hand your talking about but I certinaly stand on Ts and 9s and sometimes Js waaaay toooo much. I even do this sometimes when it is not HU. I think that is a huge flaw. I think I should really only be standing on hands like 98632 when I have position and I know the other person is drawing. Against some ABC .5-1 players I can bet out with a 9 or T, if they just call I sometimes stand pat because I feel like they are drawing. Of course this has back fired numerous times, but it has also worked out really well on numerous occasions also...so I basically have no idea.

I remember playing against you now! You were two to my left right? That Leon guy was inbetween us I believe....he was picking on me right away. It seemed like everytime I opened he was three betting. He must have figured out pretty quickly I blow at 2-7. I wont be playing 1-2 again for awhile though. I just decided today that I am going off a 250BB bankroll. Is that good?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I remember playing against you now! You were two to my left right? That Leon guy was inbetween us I believe....he was picking on me right away. It seemed like everytime I opened he was three betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raisor_ was between us. He just plays like that, I doubt it had anything to do with you.

I would guess "that Leon guy" is Leon Trotsky, another 2+2er who doesn't post all that much.

I don't have a freakin' clue about bankroll standards, honestly, except that I think the 10/20 is too high for me.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
#8369047-352 would be reasonable in a bigger game where you could get headsup and hope your T8 held up, but our opponent was possibly the biggest calling station of the TD regulars, so it's not such a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what hand your talking about but I certinaly stand on Ts and 9s and sometimes Js waaaay toooo much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand #8369047-352 at Epsom ($1/$2 Triple Draw 2-7)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 15/Sep/05 17:42:48

mirven is at seat 0 with $92 (sitting out).
G is at seat 1 with $61.25.
quickspark is at seat 2 with $106.75 (sitting out).
BrandoJOPKE is at seat 3 with $71.75.
timprov is at seat 5 with $95.25.
The button is at seat 3.

timprov posts the small blind of $.50.
G posts the big blind of $1.

timprov: 8d 3s Qd Tc 5c

First Round:

BrandoJOPKE raises to $2. timprov calls. G
calls.

timprov takes 2 cards. G takes 2 cards.
BrandoJOPKE takes 2 cards.

timprov: 8d 3s 5c 3h 4s

Second Round:

timprov bets $1. G calls. BrandoJOPKE
raises to $2. timprov calls. G calls.

timprov takes 1 card. G takes 2 cards.
BrandoJOPKE stands pat.

timprov: 8d 5c 3h 4s 9d

Third Round:

timprov checks. G checks. BrandoJOPKE bets
$2. timprov calls. G calls.

timprov takes 1 card. G takes 1 card.
BrandoJOPKE stands pat.

timprov: 8d 5c 3h 4s 6h

Final Round:

timprov checks. G checks. BrandoJOPKE
checks.

Showdown:

timprov shows 8d 6h 5c 4s 3h.
timprov has 8 6 5 4 3.
G shows 7c 5h 4c 3c 2h.
G has 7 5 4 3 2.
BrandoJOPKE mucks cards.
(BrandoJOPKE has Td 8h 7s 6d 4h.)

Hand #8369047-352 Summary:

$.25 is raked from a pot of $18.
G wins $17.75 with 7 5 4 3 2.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-19-2005, 01:13 AM

Shhhh I don't want one of my favorite buddy list guys to see this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 01:13 AM

Thank you! I think this is a perfect example of the two of the flaws I was telling you guys about. Opening on the button with random cards to a bad 7 or even sometimes bad 8. AND standing on a T8 after I see two people draw. This is bad huh? Thanks for your help, Im going to sleep for tonight though. ttyl and hopefully see ya around at the tables....
Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shhhh I don't want one of my favorite buddy list guys to see this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited. Not that I think googling his screen name is going to do him any good.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That Leon guy was inbetween us I believe....he was picking on me right away. It seemed like everytime I opened he was three betting. He must have figured out pretty quickly I blow at 2-7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm "that Leon guy." I seem to recall that I was picking on you, but that's what one should do when one has position. You probably raised OOP with a 3-card draw or a bad 2-card draw, and I picked up on that. Or maybe it was the fact that you kept saying on the chat that you were a .5/1 player taking a shot!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:18 PM

Well hows goes it Leon? Nice to meet you. Yeah, I run the show in the .5 game but you guys owned me in the 1. Its kinda funny when I say 'taking my shot' because I play bigger in other games so taking my 'shot' at the 1-2 is actually stepping down a little [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I will see yall up there in the 1 game a couple weeks though...Ill make sure I sit on your left this time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 12:39 PM

Nice to meet you too. It goes fine. Are you saying you play TDL at higher stakes than .5/1 or some other game?

I have a fairly small roll ($1000 or so), and I feel comfortable up to $4/$8. You'll take some lumps in this game. For instance, I lost $70 playing $2/4 yesterday in about 35 minutes. You miss a few draws in a row, play a couple of pots you shouldn't, and you can be down big. However, I seem to have more big wins than big losses. I don't really look at it in "bank roll" terms, since I can always move down to replenish or dip into my hold 'em fund or other assets.