Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: KK-weak tight

Here is my analysis fwiw. Villain seemed good but new to table so you don't have positive confirmation. I'm guessing from the 0.50 BB that this is a $50 NL game. His stack is $49.25 so he went through a round of blinds and probably hasn't played any hands. This is why you think he may be good. He isn't playing too much. I think you want to stick with your impression that this guy may be pretty sound. (Until evidence to the contrary manifests itself)

OK now to the hand. He raises an UTG limper. A lot of tight players would have an average + raise in that situation. But who knows...let's just say he has whatever he thinks a raise to 4x BB should be. You make a limp wristed reraise and your guy says..."Mr. ReRaiser I have a lot better hand than just a raise, Raise me some more ... Please"

You get a flop with one paint and two clubs and your guy check raises you all in... I can think of three hands that he might have.... AA, KK, QQ ....and how do you do against those three hands?? Not very well (You do fine with the KK hand but it's the least likely of the three) I think his big bet is to discourage a club draw if you should have AK of clubs or something of that ilk.

I think big laydowns are big losers in an internet low buy-in NL game....but that said... I think you should make one here.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: KK-weak tight

Hate evrything about this hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Re-raise was to low make it more but you sayd that . And his re re raise is retarded.

So i think all in pre flop is the right way to go.

I think he has trip QQ or AA maybe AKs whit flushdraw. Only hands i can put him on. But the bad play preflop makes it harder.