Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Empire Happy Hour with AK

AK, (maybe) AQ, TT, outside chance of JJ or diamonds. That's basically his entire range.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK, (maybe) AQ, TT, outside chance of JJ or diamonds. That's basically his entire range.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about KQ, AJ, AT or two diamonds? Maybe a weaker ace?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain was a 2+2'er and plays good

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ? AT? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain was a 2+2'er and plays good

[/ QUOTE ]
KQ? AT?

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player wouldn't be the 2nd caller of a raise in the BB with deep money with KQs or ATs?

There was a big discussion in this forum of a hand where Gigabet called an early position raise from the BB with J9o and busted someone. Is Negreanu a bad player?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:06 PM

No, he wouldn't, and J9o is a completely different hand from either of those to call a raise with. Do you see why?

(I honestly don't get what you're trying to prove BTW...are you seriously asking if a typical good 2+2'er is going to call KQ or Ax, then lead the pot into 2 people on an AAT flop?)
Old 09-16-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I honestly don't get what you're trying to prove BTW...are you seriously asking if a typical good 2+2'er is going to call KQ or Ax, then lead the pot into 2 people on an AAT flop?)

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd caller from BB with Axs (I know you think that is a terrible play; we had that discussion before). Bets an AAT flop.

We are given that he a good player and 2+2er, but is aratic and overbets. We are not told that he is a tyoical 2+2er. A typical solid player is not going to make that overbet push on that board anyway.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why you get a bad feeling on this flop? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad feeling on the flop: When he bet into me, I figured that I was in a way ahead/way behind situation -- most likely way ahead. I didnt know villan, but I did know he was aggressive. I thought AT or TT was a possibility; but that a medium pair (maybe QQ or JJ, but I would expect a pf reraise from these) was much more likely. By checking, I figured that I would get more chips from an aggressive player with (probably) an inferior hand and that the only thing a raise would do is fold lesser hand (including draws, but I wasnt terribly worried about the flush draw). Bottom line, I didnt want to play this for my whole stack if I wasnt forced to; but I was willing to call all in if he put me there.

FWIW, Villan showed TT for a flopped boat.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:58 PM

When was the last time you saw a good player coldcall Axs, then bet the pot with it into 2 people on an AAT board (and follow up push the worst turn possible), and when was the last time you saw AT do that? How about KQ, which can't even be diamonds because hero has the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? A medium pair is at least somewhat plausible on the flop, but not after the push on the turn (are you seriously gonna say he can have Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] now?)

Your hand reading needs work, man.