Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: ok, i limped AQ utg

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a horrible call preflop. You are throwing away 10% of your stack, against a raise, with AQs. Opponent could be on AA, KK, QQ, making a move with AQ, Opponent could also have KQ as well. (which is the only reasonable hand you are beating)

I think the push is fine. If you are behind you have plenty of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of limping AQs in EP in this situation if he's not willing to call up to about a 3xBB PF raise, especially given the presence of other limpers in the pot. If the call was horrible, then the limp was horrible. Given that he did limp, I agree with the call, and of course I agree with the push on that flop.

You can't get married to a hand, but sometimes you do just gotta dance with the one who brung ya. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 12:08 PM

Without the flush draw I raise the SB lead to something like t150. I think in this situation I might call a push from the PF raiser, fold to a reraise from the SB, and possibly fold to a non-allin reraise from the PF raiser.

I wonder what people's line on the turn (assume it comes a rag) is if you get a) flat-called by the PF raiser; or b) flat-called by the SB.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:24 PM

Without the flush draw, I'd call this and see what he does on the turn, if he checks, I'm getting agressive with this pot. If he bets, I evaluate.

At the flop, a set is not likely if there are no big draws out there, he would probably just smooth call the first bet in hopes you would raise. A set on a scattered board is a very strong hand, and any good player will slow play it. You only have to fear a AA/KK on that flop.

A likely holding is A-K, or a pocket pair lower than QQ.