Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: New Multi-tabler

I actually prefer to play short-handed.

I just figured I didn't want to begin my initial multi-tabling effort at 2/4 or higher, because when I tried it before I struggled.

Once I get the hang of it I'll increase the stakes, but for right now it's "two hands for beginners".
Old 08-30-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6-max is quite tough to play 4 tables of IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only for old people.

Cash- Start w/ 2 tables of 1/2 short. Add a third. Add a fourth. Move back up to 3/6 short. $2k is plenty. Start 2 tabling. Add a third. Add a fourth.

Please note that this plan assumes that you just want $$ and don't really want to work on your game seriously.

Oh and you don't need a big LCD monitor, I believe some CRTs have the required resolution. But get an LCD.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: It Could Be Your Machine!

The viewsonic P95f+ monitor can handle 1600x1200 with a refresh rate of 85hz, and it costs not much over $200.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:15 PM

I like where your head's at man.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that I, as a regular reader of both the micro and small stakes forums, was the last to know about PokerAce.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

I think I might try two tables of 6-max to begin with. I should be able to handle that alright. Since I started playing shorthanded I'm really not a fan of a full table, but if it gets to be too much I'll likely switch back.

Keep the tips coming if you have anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only found out about it recently, too.

Oh, and I mostly 1-table.. sometimes 2. I have gotten up to 3 tables, but not yet at 1/2.

KO
Old 08-31-2005, 02:54 AM

3/6 short. It's just as juicy as 1/2 short, and any decent TAG could beat it for 1-3bb/100, while an advanced player could prolly crush it for 4-6bb/100. I 4-table it with no problems.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:13 PM

Where'd you get that groovy background? I know you can insert a jpg in the directory somewhere, but was curious where you got it. Looks nice and clean.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where'd you get that groovy background? I know you can insert a jpg in the directory somewhere, but was curious where you got it. Looks nice and clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the mod in an old thread. The creator (IFX I think) doesn't seem to be an active member anymore, but I appreciate the work s/he put into it and think the mod should be shared if there's interest.

PokerAce has offered to host the mod + PA layouts. It should be up soon -- I'd just like to sort out 6- and 9-max layouts first. Check the PokerAce site in a few days or PM me your email address before Wed and I'll send you a zip.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: It Could Be Your Machine!

[ QUOTE ]
The viewsonic P95f+ monitor can handle 1600x1200 with a refresh rate of 85hz, and it costs not much over $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go even cheaper than that.

Watch local classifieds (Craigslist for example) for used 21/22" CRT's. I picked one up a couple weeks ago (Dell P1110) for $110. Only 0.3" smaller (diagonal) than the 2001FP, & 1/4 the cost.

I regularly see 21" CRT's for $100-125, everybody is ditching them in favor of LCD's. A good CRT still has the edge in virtually everything, their only drawback is the size.

Also depending on how good your vision is many 19" CRT's can handle 1600x1200 at decent refresh rates (my NEC FE-950+ will do it at 75 hz). The P95f is a good example, though few will do 85 hz. 19" CRT's run $85 or so used from what I've seen.

BTW for comparing TV/monitor sizes & resolutions:

http://www.tvcalculator.com/

Viper GTS