Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:31 PM

Default New Multi-tabler

So here's the thing:

I've been a one-table guy up until now, but I recently had to withdrawl a good chunk of my bankroll to pay for my graduate school courses this fall.

I found myself left with about $2000.

Recently I've been playing mostly 3/6, some full, some short.

I want money.

I'm considering trying to play 3 or 4 tables of the 1/2 6-max. I tried 3 tables this morning for the first time and was a little befuddled.

Who has some good tips for me?

Also, should I pony up the $50 for PlayerView? (Up until now I've just been using the free version, since I was only playing one table.)

Do you guys like this idea, or do you think I should stick to playing one table at a bigger limit?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: New Multi-tabler

I'm a closet one-tabler too. I've managed to two table 6-max when clearing bonii, but that's about it. I think it helps to start at one table, get a feel for it, then gradually add more.

And don't buy PlayerView. PokerAce is as good or better, and it's free.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:37 PM

If you were going to multi-table, I'd say start out with two, then once you get comfortable, work up to 3, then 4. Also, playing full tables will make it a lot easier on you, until you figure out what you're doing.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were going to multi-table, I'd say start out with two, then once you get comfortable, work up to 3, then 4. Also, playing full tables will make it a lot easier on you, until you figure out what you're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a different program for multi-tabling. Adding one table at a time is for the weak!

Do this instead. Set aside some time to practice multi tabling. Get one or more party skins going and get into as many free tables as your setup will reasonably allow.

Start with 4. Do this for a couple of hours. Try to play your A game. Rest an hour or more. Come back and do 6 tables for an hour. Another rest and try 8 if your setup will handle it. Just figure out what your limit is. Get used to the rythm of mutliple tables. (it's like the ocean surf, wave, wave, wave, big ebb, big crashing wave.)

Now go to sleep. It's very important that you go to bed as soon as you can after the most intense session you can get going on your setup. The last thing you do before you go to bed gets a big learning boost.

Now come back and see if 2 or 3 tables at your money making limit seems reasonable or even a little slow.

-D
Old 08-30-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a closet one-tabler too. I've managed to two table 6-max when clearing bonii, but that's about it. I think it helps to start at one table, get a feel for it, then gradually add more.

And don't buy PlayerView. PokerAce is as good or better, and it's free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitchin' dude. Thanks for the link, I'll definetely check it out.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:50 PM

I was a little concerned abot PokerAce because of that big witch hunt from pokerextreme a few months ago. Are we sure that pokerace is on the 'approved' software list for Party n' friends?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a little concerned abot PokerAce because of that big witch hunt from pokerextreme a few months ago. Are we sure that pokerace is on the 'approved' software list for Party n' friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why must you rain on my parade?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why must you rain on my parade?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have been using pokerace for the last month at party and empire (and stars, and eurobet) without a problem. afaik, playerview, gametime, pokerace, and pokertracker are ok software.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:52 PM

Uh, which witch hunt? Got a link?

I can't believe that PokerAce would be bad but PlayerView/Gametime would be OK. They basically do the same thing.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:54 PM

I hope you're right. PokerAce is the titties.