Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Folding Kings

Set of 2s. I was wondering what I did wrong to not get the rest of your stack lol.

JC
Old 09-04-2005, 02:40 PM

call down
Old 09-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Flop min c/r is brutally bad. Either lead the flop or c/c the flop and lead the turn. Or c/r the flop like you mean it if you think OP is loose postflop or he reads you as tricky with draws. But I strongly prefer either leading the flop or calling the flop and leading the turn. The min c/r shows a lot of power, so it tips him off to the strength of your hand, but it doesn't get much more money in the pot. So it is just really really bad.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop min c/r is brutally bad. Either lead the flop or c/c the flop and lead the turn. Or c/r the flop like you mean it if you think OP is loose postflop or he reads you as tricky with draws. But I strongly prefer either leading the flop or calling the flop and leading the turn. The min c/r shows a lot of power, so it tips him off to the strength of your hand, but it doesn't get much more money in the pot. So it is just really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

what twp said, you gave the most obvious set line. Normally I fold this turn and you lost all your potential money from me. your VPIP, PFR and agg factor highly indicate a set. interesting that I got rated TP pf, my pfr is about 6.5-7 but I was card dead I suppose. Lead the flop, I smooth call with no draws. Lead the turn for 1/2 pot I call again. Value bet river and I go broke with a crying call. Or check/ call, check call, lead river and I feel that I am beat but am priced in. If I play an extended amount of hands with you its not worth playing 22's-44s ep for set value bc its too hard for it to be worth it. Everyone points out the ciaffone 5-10 rule, but he himself says to ditch those hands early...also I modify the rule to about 5-7% and will fold if Kongo Totte raises only 5% of his stack for example.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:15 PM

The flop mini-raise smells (possibly a set of nines). The turn and river look like value bets (he's keeping the bets reasonably small to increase the chances of being called down.)

I probably fold the turn here. I tend to give villain credit for a big hand, based on the betting and his stats.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:25 PM

Gotta make the decision to call down river or not as soon as he min-raises. The board is most likely only going to get worse. From his stats, I think he could minraise you here with AJ looking to see what you have. Why would he play two pair or a set this way? Board is drawless, and calling will likely get a pot bet on the turn which he can raise. I think I am calling this one down all the way.