Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Bush dictatorship wins. Constitution is dead.

good, hopefully the next step will be to gather up all you whiners and dump you off in Canada where you belong.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:43 PM

I really don't care what you think. All I can say is you haven't looked into the history of US war involvement in the 20th century (plus the Spanish-American War).

You also aren't familiar with Hegelian Dialectic
Old 08-30-2005, 07:45 PM

All I asked was if you really believe that the CIA and the Bush family helped carry out 9/11... atleast back up your statements with you actual belief's.

No need to quote obscure web-sites... just wondering what you believe.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:46 PM

"we are really going to be fukked the next time the Bushes and their Saudi and CIA cohorts decide to blow up a big building."

Right about there was where you lost any credibility.... at all.
Though I'll admit the image of Bush Sr. yelling "God is Great" while sacrificing himself for Allah is a funny one.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:51 PM

Ironically, most of the Bush-haters are just like the religious zealots they hate. Bush-haters rarely quote policy or fact… they just go on faith (sound familiar).

They come up with conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory; insult after insult; obscure reference after obscure reference (some from a government over 250 year old that was governing maybe 1 million people); and before you know… you have no “proof” just a Michael Moore type priest telling you to “believe”.

I still haven’t seen anyone pull up reference after reference about how the Patriot Act is killing our civil liberties.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And whats bad about this? I'am not a bush fan but I think the patriot act is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one, its already been used (abused) beyond its original scope to get evidence in drug cases, etc., which have nothing to do with national security but gives law enforcement a chance to get around the law.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, i dont see any problem with law enforcement going around the lay to catch drug dealers. I have nothing to hide nor do I participate in illegial activities so they can go crazy for all i care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you feel the same way when they plant drugs on your property and send you to prison without a trial?

I think using illegal drugs is idiotic, but there's a reason that those protections are in place.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW... I don't care if the government puts a camera in my Bathroom... I'm not doing anything illegal, I don't do anything intersting in my Bathroom, and on the off chance it makes some American I've never met a little bit safer... who cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, this is why it is too late.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If someone could please use an actual policy reference... that would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Note that most of these will be things Congress has done since he took office, since he heads the party in control and has the power to veto them.

Why I can't stand Bush #1: Record budget deficits
Why I can't stand Bush #1a: Record debt
Listed together since one causes the other. Bring this up and (as with any other argument) you get "9/11! 9/11! 9/11!" NO! We went from surpluses to unprecidented deficits because those in control of this country insist on raising spending while cutting taxes. Bush I was much better; when he realized the damage his policies were doing, he raised taxes and didn't drive up the debt as much as he could have.

Why I can't stand Bush #2: Expansion of government power. The government has no need to find out what I'm reading, and no business doing so.

Why I can't stand Bush #3: Erosion of human rights. If you honestly believe the president should be able to lock someone up indefinitely without trial, you have no right to call yourself an American.

I don't care how he talks, what he looks like, or what his IQ is. I care about the damage his policies are doing to my country.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM

Default What happened to the sunset clause ?

I thought there was supposed to be some fight to get a end-by date, in there.

Now, instead, it would be deemed "un-patriotic" to try and take the Act down in the future.

Liberty in the United States gets hit. And it's with a whimper, not a bang.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cite me a specific article of the Patrtiot Act

[/ QUOTE ]

Tek, you prove his point completely. Which website did you read your rant off of? Was in Michael Moore's? The ACLU's?

-Matt