Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: I want the cash now dam it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not someone who can barely pose a coherent question.

[/ QUOTE ]
A partner at a business firm in Manhatten. Avg. Starting right now is 250K. Assuming inflation and natural increases I jumped it to 300K. Also, I never admitted I could spell, but as far as my job goes, I have admins do that. So there is still hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making partner in a major Manhatten firm isn't that easy. No matter who you are, it's not a slam dunk. And it's a shitload of work.

There are reasons firms like this pay so well. Most people can't hack it for any number of reasons.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A partner at a business firm in Manhatten. Avg. Starting right now is 250K. Assuming inflation and natural increases I jumped it to 300K. Also, I never admitted I could spell, but as far as my job goes, I have admins do that. So there is still hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making partner in a major Manhatten firm isn't that easy. No matter who you are, it's not a slam dunk. And it's a shitload of work.

There are reasons firms like this pay so well. Most people can't hack it for any number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly it is not. But I have all the tools, except for spelling, also in this world a lot of things is who you know. I have relatives who are Partners and have a great network. Clearly, I have a inside track and it's really a matter of me not blowing it.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I aint much inta book learnin, but me thinks spellin may be one of the reasons.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:27 AM

You don't see the analogy? You're in you early/mid 20's you make six figures a year and you live in Manhattan.

And you sound like you hate your job, yet you feel you have to do it, because the money is so good and you want to fit in.

Am I right?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly it is not. But I have all the tools, except for spelling, also in this world a lot of things is who you know. I have relatives who are Partners and have a great network. Clearly, I have a inside track and it's really a matter of me not blowing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. One of the reasons why many people can't hack it is that they just aren't hooked up. You're very fortunate to know the right people. It's a leg up that most people don't get (myself included). Use it to your advantage- not that I need to tell you to do so.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't see the analogy? You're in you early/mid 20's you make six figures a year and you live in Manhattan.

And you sound like you hate your job, yet you feel you have to do it, because the money is so good and you want to fit in.

Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 150k a year that great? Isnt that like 40k here in the midwest...hehe
Old 08-25-2005, 12:37 AM

nah i dont hate it. I just dont like it that much. BUt again i havent met very many people who were happy with their job on a daily basis and looked foward to it. In the end it is still work, and by default that usually sucks.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]
No i dont make 150 K quite yet. Also, 150K in the NYC isnt great its "OK" rent will set you back at least 3-4K a month plus the tempation to go out. 150K is not that great at all. it is good though especially at 23. But again thats not me.
Is 150k a year that great? Isnt that like 40k here in the midwest...hehe

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-25-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
arod15 is the real life Patrick Bateman.

[/ QUOTE ]
who is that? Discuss....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever see the movie, "American Psycho?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the book, it is much better. Though the movie is quite entertaining.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:13 AM