Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 15/30 JTs semibluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know that the river bet is always neccessary. I think most of the folds you will get will come on the turn. If he's going to fold JJ or TT, I don't think he'll call the turn raise and fold the river. He might try to pair AK, but here again I think he will probably fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

But many players...a lot here as well, plan to call one more bet and check/fold UI on the river. So I think if u are commited to raising this turn, it also commits u to a follow through on the river. (most of the time anyway). Especially if he looks like hes going to vomit when u raise his turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason_t seemed to highlight how weak/tight this villian was which made me wonder really how often he will call the turn bet and then fold the river U/I with marginal holdings such as AK, JJ, and TT.

My feeling is a true weak/tight player will either fold this turn to the c/r or show down his hand. That being said I'm curious as to others opinions on betting the river if the turn c/r was called as this was the most interesting decision in this hand for me.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:39 PM

Why did you call on the flop?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:42 PM

hero has a gutshot + bd flush draw and his pair outs will be good some of the time, i would say hero has about 5-8 outs here which warrant a call...plus a weak player might check thru the turn with his unpaired/underpaired hands giving hero a free chance to hit...
Old 08-23-2005, 10:46 PM

I am an idiot as I didn't notice that he had a gutshot on the flop. For some reason I saw the
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice. It's rare that I advocate a turn semibluff c/r but this looks like a great place for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am called, what do you think of my plan of firing at river bricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it the only way for you to win the pot. I like it a lot
Old 08-23-2005, 10:59 PM

Jason,

First, this seems like a very good spot so try this. The only issue I have here is with the river plan. It just seems somewhat inconsistent in that if CO will call the turn with a bare AK excluding exactly AK clubs it makes the turn less worthwhile. So, I think in this case I'd give up on the river if called. However, I'm basing that really on my own assumption that a weak/extremely tight player would fold AK on the turn. If you're 50/50 or something like that as to whether AK folds the turn then the river may make sense as well.

Chief
Old 08-23-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's the only way for you to win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO with jason's image if his opponent calls the turn he is planning on showing down a LOT, excluding AcKc. if jason had run some semibluffs and has given up on the river before, his opponent could be calling the turn expecting a free showdown + outs with AK if he is behind, then maybe we fire again to discourage that in the future and to get him to fold it this time.