Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Bellagio 15/30 JTs semibluff

I have a solid image.

Preflop: I am MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#cc3333">I open</font>, <font color="#cc3333">weak/extremely tight CO 3-bets</font>, I call.

Flop: (7.67 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(2 players)</font>
I check, <font color="#cc3333">CO bets</font>, I call.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(2 players)</font>
I check, <font color="#cc3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">I raise</font>....

My intentions are to call a 3-bet and check/fold river UI and otherwise fire at any river brick.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 15/30 JTs semibluff

Seems fine to me since the typical Vegas player would be proud to lay down JJ here.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:10 AM

im not crazy about this...

if CO thinks you are "solid" does that mean he knows that you are aware of position and may be opening light here? or does it mean that he thinks you will always have a solid hand when you raise preflop?

if villain is capable of folding TT/JJ here then i kinda like it, although im not really sure what you are trying to represent...QQ/KK/AA you would cap preflop, AQ/KQ would probably not c/r this turn...

are you calling a river bet if you pair?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
although im not really sure what you are trying to represent...QQ/KK/AA you would cap preflop, AQ/KQ would probably not c/r this turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the beauty of weak tight players. They don't care what you're representing. They just think, "Oh, a turn raise. My pair must not be any good."
Old 08-23-2005, 07:45 AM

Possible folds from the weak tightie: AK (16), TT(3), JJ(3) =21 hands
No folds: AA(6), KK(6), QQ(3), AQs(3) =18 hands

(this is assuming AK is offsuit, if he would only 3-bet AKs, the results are skewed to 10 folding hands, 18 no folds)

So assumine he also 3-bets AKo makes it pretty close in your favor that he has a possible folding hand. It also depends on your image and if he is the type to think that u are the type to semi bluff a flush draw. (just re-read that your image is solid).

It also depends, is a weak/extremely tight live player 3-betting TT or JJ (I have yet to see it live from a weak tightie and if u dont believe that he will, then I dont know how much I like the play, being out of position)? I havent played live much, so I dont know...I think its close but I like it. And if u are behind, u have a good amount of outs.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 AM

QJs, QTs are pretty legitimate hands for our hero to be representing, wouldn't you say?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 AM

Nice. It's rare that I advocate a turn semibluff c/r but this looks like a great place for it.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:26 AM

What 3-betting range does an extremely tight player have? Will he loosen up his range since he may be cognizant of your range from MP2?
Old 08-23-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What 3-betting range does an extremely tight player have? Will he loosen up his range since he may be cognizant of your range from MP2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if he is thinking or not and is capable of including hands like A8 in my range.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if he is thinking or not and is capable of including hands like A8 in my range.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's your typical Vegas nit he doesn't have to include A8 in your range. He'll just fold his 99-JJ or AK and bemoan his bad luck to the rest of the table.