Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Voice Activated Poker!!!

I think this is a great tool. I have been wondering about Party's T&Cs and how they affect persons with disabilities and the tools they use to function on the internet.

All such tools, of course, violate PP's rules against "any type of automation". Party Poker's rules violate the discrimination laws of the United States but what do they care? They are in Gibralter.

Can the U.S. prosecute a foreign company doing business in the U.S. over the internet for violating U.S. laws? I think they can. Any experts out there?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 AM

mmm voice recognition.... Please make the dream come true.

Have you seen the offer from the poker voice. Supposedly you get poker-specific voice rec. software that works at 3 sites when you open an acct. My emails to them were not deliverable.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:29 AM

Unless you're playing at the play money tables aren't you breaking US law? I'm not sure how you are going to get the feds on our side here.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:33 AM

I dont have much programing experiance but I took a psychology lab in undergrad last year that concentrated mainly on speech production and recognition. We used a number of very expensive voice recognition programs. The best one had to be trained for four hours and was accurate only 80-90% of the time when recognizing speech spoken at a constant distance from the mike. Speech from other people or even sounds from the tv or radio would be very dangerous at the 1000NL table. I'm no expert but voice recognition programs are usually unreliable. Personally I would not use one unless it was foolproof.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

All such tools, of course, violate PP's rules against "any type of automation". Party Poker's rules violate the discrimination laws of the United States but what do they care? They are in Gibralter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does the T&C say this? I can't find it.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:42 AM

Can this really be defined as automation? Your still giving a command. Other than the obvious, I don't see the difference between hand and voice activated.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:30 AM

I STILL haven't gotten into setting up macros for this thing, but it seems to me to avoid mistakes you could just require confirmation in some way before you enter something.

Actually, would anyone be willing to pool money to pay someone to set this up? I'm talking a macro system for Dragon Pro that would just require voice training the setup. I'd pay hundreds if not thousands.

[ QUOTE ]
We used a number of very expensive voice recognition programs. The best one had to be trained for four hours and was accurate only 80-90% of the time when recognizing speech spoken at a constant distance from the mike. Speech from other people or even sounds from the tv or radio would be very dangerous at the 1000NL table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2005, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can the U.S. prosecute a foreign company doing business in the U.S. over the internet for violating U.S. laws? I think they can. Any experts out there?

[/ QUOTE ]
Surreal. They are not doing business in the US, you are doing business in Gibraltar.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
instead of "table one".. why don't you just set it to "one"

[/ QUOTE ]

I did have that setup but then i was starting to dictate an email and when i started to say a phone number the pointer went crazy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not kidding... you really are lazy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 08-20-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But im 100% they can invade them and take over their country and probably will.